"there is nothin new under the sun." New chamberings

To go after the low hanging fruit you tell me what 300 PRC does over 300 WM and what 6.5 PRC does over 6.5-284. The answer to the other part is just shoot a 6.5-284 instead of reinventing the wheel with a 270

300prc = 300bee throated and twisted for vld bullets with less expensive ammo

6.5prc = 6.5x284 but with standardized chamber dimensions and twist rate, with significantly more loaded ammo options and significantly less cost.

Both appeal to a lot of people. I have 3 6.5x284, but the next one I get to fill that role will likely be a 6.5prc for the above mentioned reasons.

I totally agree about the 30 nosler should've been either 3.6 OAL or a shorter case. I'd put the 6.8 western in the same category as the 300 PRC and 6.5 PRC. They just don't appeal to me and I feel like they nurture the fallacy of leaving the store and being a 1000 yard hunter.
Turn key accessibility is good, but capability without understanding is bad.
For me personally I tend to share cartridges with my dad and brother so factory rifle and ammo availability is something to consider. That is the main reason I went with the 6.5 PRC over something like the .264 Win Mag or 6.5 Sherman.

There is something to be said about knowing your equipment and your limitations. I have a buddy that went hunting this past year and had an opportunity on a doe just under 300 yards. He ended up shooting at it once and missed then two more times at close to 500 yards one of which broke a front leg. Unfortunately the deer was never recovered as he did not hit vitals but 300 yards is a relatively easy shot to make for those who practice it.

They also load a 150 gr Berger at an advertised 3015 ft/sec in 270. Not great to pick one MFG to say company XYZ is slow. Apples to apples
This is true, I considered Unknown Munitions to be on the hotter side of ammo as that 2920 is cooking so I went with the Berger Factory ammo for comparison which was 2850 but I did not see where they had a factory .270 offering on MidwayUSA.

Alternatively for hot ammo you could compare Unknown Munitions 143gr ELD-X 6.5 Creedmoor at 2860 to their 145gr ELD-X .270 load at 3055. Even with this comparison the 270 eventually gets passed in speed and energy by the 6.5 Creedmoor though it is past 800 yards and is consistently behind the 6.5 PRC.
D828D96A-588F-4050-ABF3-441EE98FDA02.jpeg

Well I have read all of the responses above and only learned that everyone has their own opinion on just about anything including toilet paper. It is apparent that nobody has in fact noticed that I am reporting and comparing affordable out of the box rifles and factory loaded ammunition. I am not reporting on several thousand dollar custom rifles in some wildcat cartridge and claiming it's superiority to anything else produced for the common shooter or hunter. I do not approve of anyone taking shots a game animals farther than 300 yards and that is also dependent upon what rifle one is shooting and how well they shoot. My comparisons are for those people out there that like information that might help them pick out their next rifle based on what is available to them off the shelf, out of the box and most importantly readily available. Right now in my area .308 ammo is plentiful. 270 is available, 30-06 and 300 Win Mag is available on a limited basis. I have not seen .6 MM, 6.5 MM, 7 MM or any of the PRC loads on the shelves anywhere. I reload for all of the rifles that I own and always search out ammo that shoots comparably or better than I can load. Good ammunition is not cheap either to buy or to load. For the most part don't expect to go out and buy $29.99 boxes of ammo that will shoot 1 MOA or less. In the case of ammo, you pretty much get what you pay for and if you skimp, you lose. This is not to say $29.99 ammo will not do the job. It does each and every year. My rifles are Winchester Model 70 in .308, Two Tikka T3X. one in .270, the other in 30-06 and a Browning AB3 in 300 Win Mag. None of them cost me over $800 and all shoot MOA or less with factory ammo. In the case of the 30-06 it will shoot a ragged hole at 100 yards using Federal 165 gr ammo. Anyway I could go on and on but it doesn't matter since some of you are going to complain about this post anyway.

Until recently you could find any basic Ackley Improved die sets just about anywhere. I'm very pleased with all the new Factory cartridge offerings. Only the ammo pricing is too high for my consideration and availability is poor. For example if I ever find a Newton Rifle Or 68S improved, or 338 Demon the 300PRC gives me donor brass to use. Wait, what happened to the RCM cartridges? And why are all the 6.5mm-.264 Belted Magnums gone? (in my best Jack Sparrow voice)