Allen Precision Shooting, New wildcat chamberings!!

Depends on the receiver. If on of my old rem 700s, would not recommend the conversion just as i stopped doing my lapua based wildcats on those factory receivers.

If using one of my Raptor or Stalker receivers or other custom receiver designed for use with the lapua class rounds, 1 1/8" is the standard thread spec on those receivers with Rem 700 footprint.

Just as important i would say would be the use of a good cut rifled barrel which is harder steel then button pulled and resists chamber swelling much better.

Thanks for sharing that information.
Thumbs up on the new line of lighter, carry rifles.

Hey Kirby, What are the lead times going to be on these new chamberings? Check your PM's I would appreciate a reply.

PM sent.

2018 and 2019 will be spent mainly trying to catch up with overdue rifle orders. These big delays were caused by some serious barrel issues i had to deal with to get customers taken care of. Simply put, I had to replace around 35 barrels that had serious accuracy issues and after 100-150 rounds accuracy went to heck. So had to replace all these on my dime which was a serious hit to my shop but only right thing to do.

Think i have finally replaced the last of these problem barrels and now with new barrel suppliers those issues should be well behind the shop!! However, that set me back well over a year so spent 2018 keeping my head down busting out standing orders. Had a great year in that respect.

2019 plan is to get all the rest of those standing orders built and shipped including one your very patiently waiting for and that is more appreciated then i can say.

Once all orders are caught up, my business plan is to transition from a "Build to Order" manufacturer into a "Sell out of inventory Manufacturer". In this system, i will source parts for and build and prove my Raptor LRSS, Stalker Hunter, Stalker and Stalker UL rifles as well as my XHS rifles. Then when tested and proven, will be listed as in stock ready to ship.

This will allow me to weed out any issues with parts order errors so the delays will not be passed onto customer waiting times which has been a serious source of stress and headaches for me and my customers. I believe i have a team of manufacturers now that are the best possible to work with.

So the plan for waiting times, hopefully by 2020 will be send payment and rifle will ship as soon as payment clears......

Also, at this time, i will also be offering my economy grade rifle called our Kenzie Rifles. Names after my daughter who was the one that came up with the idea. These will all be based on the Ruger American rifle platform, fully blueprinter receiver, match grade barrel, quality lamianted wood stock, trigger jobs and will be sold out of inventory as well.

Prices will run from $1500 to $2400 on those in standard chamberings up to the 26, 28 nosler class chamberings. Few pics of some of these already built, tested and shipped.

C5E041CF-6201-4CA9-B327-64A6B342C084.jpeg

My daughters Kenzie Rifle prototype in 243 win based on fully printed Ruger American short action.

D434DCB0-7B70-4362-9F99-C05F32834689.jpeg

Little bugger can almost outshoot me. Test targets from her prototype KENZIE Rifle with the 105 gr. Berger.

C1AAF789-2174-4ACE-9773-3995D9533454.jpeg

Her first buck last year, her Kenzie rifle worked perfectly at 350 yards.

B1508009-5BCF-4FBB-9FF5-90D5E539ADFA.jpeg

Worked pretty good this year on her oldest buck to date (5 year old) 200 yards.

724FC99A-7B21-4487-B5EA-AAB6E7BD7315.jpeg

BR/varmint version we just tested and sold in 6-223 rem.

Again, these are my plans, catch up in 2019 finally and then convert to a sell out of inventory manufacturer, once up to speed, no waiting, pay and ship!! That is my goal anyway.

Welcome back to the forum Kirby. Been a minute. Should be a good wildcat design. I'd think a 7mm Stalker would be a popular seller, as well.

I am considering a complete line for my new Stalkers in 28, 30 and 338. Need to get the 25 Stalker development done first and then onto the others. My only concern is a 28 Stalker would compete head to head with my already well established 7mm Allen Magnum and would NOT out perform it so not positive on that one.

The 30 Stalker would not outperform my 300 Allen Xpress either but the AX has never been a huge seller. Not sure why, its probably the best ALL AROUND choice in the group but most seem to want either the big 7mm AM or go for the Thumper in the 338 Allen Xpress.

Kirby Got to say I like The Ruger american Build Idea! Good little action for the price.

I would someday like to do one in 6mm something 6mm-06 would be more like it with a carbon barrel. Should be a good light gun that drives nails.

Glad to see the Ruger American getting some Love!

Last edited:
Glad to see you back on here Kirby,
this place has lost much of it's original "Long Range" roots in your absence, Days of common sense that stressed utilizing proper cartridges for the task of long range hunting, the new age shooters seem to have become softer in the shoulder and tire faster hiking with regular 12 lb man sized rifles, end result is these short barreled, dinky cartridge puffing, suppressed gadgets that don't carry enough energy to kill a gnats arse at 600 yards ... but hey, they are as easy as a tricycle to ride and poke holes in paper at 1000 so then "shot placement" overrides sanity and now they are true "ELR" cartridges because the mfg had a glossy ad that their bullets don't melt in flight,

Aside from all the hoopla, I'm seeing a LOT of folks warming up to the idea of a 6.5mm on the 300 NM case, back when I first did it in 2013 a lot of those same people just about had heart attacks and terminal cancer over the "overbore" barrel burning condition it was supposed have, even the 7mm was surely a terrible, bigly horrific, yuge barrel burner, turns out it isn't that bad at all and EVERYBODY has jumped on the bandwagon.... hell, it's even doable in .257 cal from what I've seen from Quick Load predictions , Peterson 300 & 338 Norma brass is fantastic and ADG is gonna be making 300 NM brass this year, 300 NM Lapua brass is absolutely good mojo from the 200 pcs I've been playing with since last fall , the two moose I shot definitely didn't like the Lapua brass, and hey, most won't believe me but I've found that the 300 NM brass has a much higher bc than the Creedmoor brass, ha !

When Kiff told me you were doing a 25 cal some time ago, I chose not to do one since you were well into it at the time and instead went for the shortened version with a bit more capacity than the WSM but much shorter

Anyway, good to see you back on here, this place needs a testes "magnum" booster shot

when i brought out my 7mm Allen Magnum back around 2005, i got the same reaction, worthless, burn up a throat before you could find a good load, to tempermental.....

Turns out when used properly for the purpose its designed to be used, it can last decades or more even for the serious hunter. The expansion ratio for the 26 Stalker and 7mm Allen Magnum are quite similar and as such was not to worried about its functionality.

As you mentioned, the industry these days likes the little surgical type rounds. I still prefer the BIG SURGICAL ROUNDS!!!

I still prefer the BIG SURGICAL ROUNDS!!!

I agree.
30-06 with 215 Berger far left and next two are a 300 BSM with 230 Berger and 230 SMK in that order with a fire formed .300 BSM on the far right.

Not as big as your 300 Raptor but still able to move the 230smk @3360 with H50BMG

Attachments

• DLG 2018 019.jpg
    DLG 2018 019.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 269
I agree.
30-06 with 215 Berger far left and next two are a 300 BSM with 230 Berger and 230 SMK in that order with a fire formed .300 BSM on the far right.

Not as big as your 300 Raptor but still able to move the 230smk @3360 with H50BMG

Whats the parent case your using?

I am thinking about doing a new wildcat, 300 Allen Magnum. This is the only caliber that I never made an Allen Magnum in. I have the reamers for a prototype 300 AM based on the 338 Allen Magnum necked down to 30 cal but proved to much capacity to be practical. Just could not get good powder ignition and consistent powder burn, lots of carbon fouling as well. However, I have recently found a case that should split the difference in capacity between my 300 Raptor and what the 375 Cheytac based prototype would have.

We will see how it turns out but right now, my main focus is getting old orders built and shipped and then transitioning to a "sell out of Inventory manufacturer" business plan, eliminating the long waits for rifles.....

Whats the parent case your using?

I am thinking about doing a new wildcat, 300 Allen Magnum. This is the only caliber that I never made an Allen Magnum in. I have the reamers for a prototype 300 AM based on the 338 Allen Magnum necked down to 30 cal but proved to much capacity to be practical. Just could not get good powder ignition and consistent powder burn, lots of carbon fouling as well. However, I have recently found a case that should split the difference in capacity between my 300 Raptor and what the 375 Cheytac based prototype would have.

We will see how it turns out but right now, my main focus is getting old orders built and shipped and then transitioning to a "sell out of Inventory manufacturer" business plan, eliminating the long waits for rifles.....

Parent case is the .416 Rigby. I am using a 32" barrel hence some of the speed.

The parent case you are looking at for the new .300 Allan Magnum would it be using the same base as the .338 Lapua .300 Raptor and .416 Rigby? I went the route I did is because when I started my Build the Longest brass I could get at the time in teh same base as the Lapua Was .416 Rigby. Now there is a couple options that Give even more capacity then mine. The Raptor Brass or Tubbs 33XC brass.

I had thought about the 500 Jeffery its about the same length as the .338 Lapua BUT a lot fatter. My problem was a action for it cost a LOT more then What I used for the .300 BSM.

Look forward to seeing How the .300 Allan Magnum does when you get it up and going. I like fast .308 Caliber Guns. Make That just Fast Guns in General. As long as they can print a good pattern that is.

IMG_8451.JPG
Kirby, the 500 Jeffery is probably the fattest case you can safely run in 338 Lapua based actions, as you know I've been playing around with the Big Jeff case near a decade now from 30 cal to 416 cal, one issue that prevented me from pushing these wildcats more is the parent brass was never made to be run at 65k psi, more like 45-50k tops, velocity goals were achieved at the expense of blasting primer pockets and extreme expansion in the web on the first shot

due to the issues we encountered with the 500 Jeffery brass, the wildcat cartridges were shelved with minimum fanfare or publicity,

Now we have returned full force and completely redesigned everything from the ground up and have what I call the "Executioner" parent case, 375 cal in a full length case mimics case h20 of the 375 CT but is compatible in 338 Lapua actions safely, 30 cal is optimized in case capacity at 338 Lapua case length but still has more capacity than the XC or Raptor making for an easy repeater for hunting use, brass will go into production in a bit after we complete our testing

more info here

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1154798914695763&id=676994269142899