The Year of the 7mm…at least for me.

Well I hate to break the news to you, but the factory chambering for the 7mm-08 cartridge didn't come out until 1980. In other words, Remington didn't make a Model 700 HV, BDL chambered in 7mm-08 back in 1971. Now if your riflesmith had a wildcat reamer which was a "necked down" .308 Win, then its possible.
True, mistyped…I would have be only 3 yrs old then!

I have a Krieger barrel on one of my Ruger 77 rifles chambered in 7x57AI. I love it. Always liked the mauser cases for the long neck. It will do anything a 280 will do and use less powder. I also like the standard 7x57, it always put the deer down. Started with a 7mm RM back in 1976. My all time favorite is my 257AI

I have been a fan of the 7mm since my first 7mm-08 1981 Rem HV, BDL.
Over the last two years I have sold many rifles and handguns; both to clean out the safe queens and make room for my custom rifles that use prefits.
I finally got all but one of the 7mm cartridges I have wanted. (Still waiting on the 7x57 AI)
Attached are pics and a file that shows what each cartridge is and their H2O case capacity.
Perhaps someone will find it useful if they plan on building any one of these cartridges.

Any guesses on the last cartridge on the right?
I love the lineup… excellent job!!