The Toughest Challenge for many long range shooters

hi,

i leave very close to the Rokies, from 130km the closest lr spot.
one hour of driving, and i have all the canyons, hills, valley, uphill or downhill spots for shooting.
the only limitation about distance is just your equipment, and ability to spot you hits.
we have plenty of crown land here in AB. and lots of safety places to shoot.
the only problem what i got is, my parther can not come all the times with me shooting, so... sometings it is kind of boring going alone.
but now i start getting out shooting with my 2yrs old boxer dog, he is waiting for me to finish busting rocks 1000-1600-1800yrs, and then we go for walk hours on the mounting, scouting and glassing for wildgames.
he loves beeing close to me when i shoot, and hiking all day in sunny or rainy days after.

I have an abandoned R/R bed that I can shoot 300yds year round (As long as I mow a shooting lane). I keep steel out there. I just take it all down and hide it in the weeds so no one comes along and takes it.

After the crops are down, I have many, many open fields that I have acess to for hunting purposes. Some of the land owners allow me to set up targets to shoot at. The propblem with being in NW Indiana is the flatness. It's pancake flat. I only have a few field with the terrain to utilized as a suitable backstop. I do have one field that wioll allow me to go a grand, but I am not up to that distance yet with my skill level. 600-800yds is the average for the fields that I have permission and can safely shoot in.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.