The New Tangent Theta 5-25x56

If TT ever drops a 30oz 4-20X50 I'll be giving you a phone call for sure. But until then, I think the vast majority of the members here enjoy and appreciate the information you provide. I wouldn't dwell or focus on the minority. It's a public forum so naturally there's going to be some dickheads. But they've probably never even scratched a piece of steel past 300 yards lol.

Look at the component cost in wearing out a barrel these days and that money is gone. A tt will never wear out, heck at the rate of inflation u can probably use it for 10-20 yrs and get ur money out of it, if u want the best it's available in coyotes brown, cool. saying that, there's no reason to get upset Orkan. I remember when I first joined this forum on a ffp vs sfp I said, if ur serious hunter, I recommend having illumination for ffp scopes in low light, u jumped on me for that and we proceeded to argue, eventually I figured out u sell tt, and was like hey they come with illumination, what's the big deal. Instead of starting an argument u should've said, tt come with illumination but they're so amazing bright u probably will never turn it on. Cool, makes sense. Same goes for here, don't get upset but if ur wanting to sell them, invite people to come look through them, check them out, then let the magic happen cause the heart wants what the heart wants regardless the money involved. lol anyways, there's ur constructive criticism for the day.

Last edited:
I don't see the ownership group of GunWerks or Best of the West (insert another manufacturer of $7-8k rifles) coming on here posting that since some folks are saying "they would never spend that kind of money on a rifle, that their Ruger/Tikka/Savage/etc shoots just as well", they're pulling out of LRH.

I just see that as a silly stance. If the OP sells some of his very expensive and likely very well made scopes to members of LRH, he shouldn't care what the majority of the members say.

As a society, we are becoming waaaaaaaay too sensitive.

Yes as others stated,it should be treated like the classified here.I was enjoying thread.Back when,in 2013 I bought a 338 NM on here that I could have had with the premier 5-25, but it was out of my budget.Looking back wish I went for it.On my other rifle I have what is considered high end,but has issues to me,for optics vrs cost. Have scope that cost less outperform its optics,but not size weight.I would consider the TT315M as it would fit my wants and weight goal.But as Im getting older it gets harder for me to justify the cost with wanting to retire one days,and seeing that my hunting days are more limited.But I am in a better financial situation it seem too.Yes the forum seems to have taken a turn,as well as all other thing related in last few years.This is only one Im on.And my time here is mostly winter as that fits my schedule.

I don't see the ownership group of GunWerks or Best of the West (insert another manufacturer of $7-8k rifles) coming on here posting that since some folks are saying "they would never spend that kind of money on a rifle, that their Ruger/Tikka/Savage/etc shoots just as well", they're pulling out of LRH.

I just see that as a silly stance. If the OP sells some of his very expensive and likely very well made scopes to members of LRH, he shouldn't care what the majority of the members say.

Oh but they do go on Facebook and Instagram to follow meme accounts and stand up for their products, which seems incredibly silly.

Well there was a personal attack from PPR about Primal Rights CPS. There also have been several other times where LRH members put unwarranted negative posts when Greg "Primal Rights" put out information on products he is selling. using, reviewing. Greg does this full time investigating, testing products for reloading shooting hunting. I think that he does a good job providing all of us with sound information. I guess there is a point when someone gets tired of negative attacks.
Whenever I see members arguing or personal attacks, I just use the "Ignore" button on those members or the Post. When I use the "IGNOE" button I don't see that negative information anymore, but thousands of other members still do.
Just my opinions. This is the BEST Hunting Shooting FORUM out there and a lot of good if not GREAT members. We should all consider what we write before hitting the "Post Reply". I know that I probably posted things I should not have. It is easy to get sucked into responding to a negative comment.
Butter Bean has a valuable saying in his signature.

I guess we're on different sites. I see BOTW hunting pictures on social media, but I don't see them throwing a hissy fit if someone says they're too expensive.
They absolutely do- they search out accounts, many that are comedy accounts, and throw hissy fits. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Well there was a personal attack from PPR about Primal Rights CPS. There also have been several other times where LRH members put unwarranted negative posts when Greg "Primal Rights" put out information on products he is selling. using, reviewing. Greg does this full time investigating, testing products for reloading shooting hunting. I think that he does a good job providing all of us with sound information. I guess there is a point when someone gets tired of negative attacks.
Whenever I see members arguing or personal attacks, I just use the "Ignore" button on those members or the Post. When I use the "IGNOE" button I don't see that negative information anymore, but thousands of other members still do.
Just my opinions. This is the BEST Hunting Shooting FORUM out there and a lot of good if not GREAT members. We should all consider what we write before hitting the "Post Reply". I know that I probably posted things I should not have. It is easy to get sucked into responding to a negative comment.
Butter Bean has a valuable saying in his signature.
That's the concept of a discussion forum. The OP puts something up, and other members can comment on said post. I didn't see anything derogatory or inflammatory regarding the scope, just some folks saying they wouldn't spend that much money on a scope. Diminishing returns and all that. If I was the factory rep, my reply would have been along the lines of" I get it, this scope isn't for everyone. But if you want the best available, here it is". The whole "you folks are mean, I'm leaving the site" was sort of silly in my opinion.

Last edited:
Have ANY of you detractors owned a Tangent Theta?

Boy I sure am thankful of the treatment I'm getting as a sponsor of this site. Can't even promo a new product without people jumping in and telling everyone what they don't need.

You fellas keep up the good work of ripping people down. God Bless You.
I have. I own FOUR of them.
Also, three S&B PMIIs, two ZCOs, two Premiers, and a Kahles. The only top tier scope I have not owned is Hensoldt.

To MY eyes, the TT is the top of the heap.
Premier (TT predecessor) is really close. ZCO is close.

If Inwas in the market for another top tier 5-25, this would be my only choice.

I should probably let this sleeping dog alone, but…. It is unfortunate that the very nature of forums seems to morph into negativity and trying to feel better by tearing down others. The LRH forum seems to be full of well intended people with a few detractors. In past threads I found myself getting too emotionally involved in the topic. I regret that. If I was interested in marketing a product on a forum I would simply outline the product and respond to any questions that may come my way. Discrediting other's opinions serves no purpose other than alienating potential customers that were considering the product. This product speaks for itself for the most part. I wish success to the OP. I do hope he can overcome the sensitivity issues that seem apparent in his last post.