The New Tangent Theta 5-25x56

I've killed countless animals with Tangent Theta's since 2014.

gYuQladh.jpg

LblbWuQh.jpg
I understand. Woods and mountains probably not unless you have a someone to help you carry your gear. Wide open places where you can use a vehicle to get from one place to another would be ideal. Nice rigs by the way.

I understand. Woods and mountains probably not unless you have a someone to help you carry your gear. Wide open places where you can use a vehicle to get from one place to another would be ideal. Nice rigs by the way.
You seem a bit confused. The TT315M is a 30oz scope... and the rifle pictured wearing it is a 9lb carbon fiber/titanium rifle. I hunt from a pack, not a vehicle. These scopes are right at home on lightweight mountain rifles. If this scope isn't suitable in the "woods and mountains" as you put it... then I'm not sure what is.

You seem a bit confused. The TT315M is a 30oz scope... and the rifle pictured wearing it is a 9lb carbon fiber/titanium rifle. I hunt from a pack, not a vehicle. These scopes are right at home on lightweight mountain rifles. If this scope isn't suitable in the "woods and mountains" as you put it... then I'm not sure what is.
I was just looking the 40 oz model in the thread. 30 oz is much more reasonable weight. I prefer a total weight of 8 lbs or less when putting the miles in.

I was just looking the 40 oz model in the thread. 30 oz is much more reasonable weight. I prefer a total weight of 8 lbs or less when putting the miles in.
You can get there with a TT315M. It would be easier with a 20oz scope from a different manufacturer... but that scope certainly won't have the capabilities of the TT. :)

After running NF ATACR for years, I added a Theta to the list. Not only can I now spot my hits at 1250 at sundown with the target deep in shadow, I see tracers more often, am able to read mirage better, have much better visibility into shaded areas at distance, and more accurate holdover calls. Overall, I feel it has made me a noticeably better shooter.

I've looked through one TT at a prs event, but not enough to have a meaningful opinion. The experience I do have with top tier glass was a Schmidt Bender PMII. It was unquestionably superior to my NF atacr. The glass was clear and sharp providing outstanding resolution. If this class of scopes had not become so expensive I would gladly have the TT on my long range rifles. As it is my NF's serve me well shooting (at) marmots out to a mile.

Orkan,
I for one appreciate your post.
I have always thought the more options that a man has the better.

Sure, they are top tier price.
I'm sure Its top tier optics.
I personally have one 7x35 ATACR and if this glass and scope is next league, I would love to look and fondle one!