The new guy.......

Welcome from central Utah. And thanks from a fellow vet. Desert Storm 1991, OEF 2004, OIF 2008. 19th SFGA, 211th AVN (AH-64, UH-60).
Been there. done that....."Eagle Dustoff" 70/71
was around the 220th Aviation, BirdDogs and the 131rst Grumman NightHawks. Was dumb enough to fly missions once in awhile in BirdDogs, New how to fly, so the Warrant Officers liked having someone that could get them back if they were hit.

was around the 220th Aviation, BirdDogs and the 131rst Grumman NightHawks. Was dumb enough to fly missions once in awhile in BirdDogs, New how to fly, so the Warrant Officers liked having someone that could get them back if they were hit.
Know exactly what you mean. I was a flight surgeon (and got RO-1 qualified as a crew chief), but flight surgeons were given the opportunity to learn to fly the UH-60 just in case one of my pilots got incapacitated, I could jump in the seat and get us the hell out of the line of fire.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.