The new guy.......

Outfall

So, I have a buddy i was in the army with who pointed me here. I have lurked in the shadows for a while and decided to join. Most of you guys seem like some kind of distended family lol or good old boys who are genuine and here to help. Alot of sites always seem to have one or 2 who have big heads and like to bash others and I dont really see that here. So I joined. Helping others with a love of hunting and reloading seems to be the deal here and that is awesome. Im in. I currently live in Florida, work all over the world. I love to shoot and havent had enough time to really hunt lately. I reload and enjoy it as much as shooting I beleive. Im teaching my 7 year old son about reloading now and he has become quite good reloading 12ga buckshot and slugs. He loves to shoot also and has recently moved up to the Ar and 12ga shooting off of a rest. Quite impressed. Thats me in a nutshell. Glad to meet everyone.

Welcome to the forum from Tennessee and you are right it seems like everyone on the forum is extended family but you know family can get in a scuff every now and then but we always get over it it's funny I just liked your post on the vaccine thread and then noticed you here welcome buddy!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee and you are right it seems like everyone on the forum is extended family but you know family can get in a scuff every now and then but we always get over it it's funny I just liked your post on the vaccine thread and then noticed you hear welcome buddy!
thank you 338. good to meet you here. so what are you runnin in 338?

I only have two long range rifle's both semi custom my first one was my savage 110 FCP and 338 Lapua added a 28 inch BART line 1 and 9.3 twist barrel with a Nightforce ATACR my other rifle is a 6.5 x 2 84 Norma manners EH1a stock Remington action Trued proof carbon fiber barrel and night force optics on that one as well
A5CE7102-71BD-4365-8F0C-4CC3A1690B92.jpeg
F047B32B-7FC1-4904-8ACA-A06D990C398A.jpeg

I only have two long range rifle's both semi custom my first one was my savage 110 FCP and 338 Lapua added a 28 inch BART line 1 and 9.3 twist barrel with a Nightforce ATACR my other rifle is a 6.5 x 2 84 Norma manners EH1a stock Remington action Trued proof carbon fiber barrel and night force optics on that one as well
Ive been looking at the savage elite precision in .338 Im on the fence only because of the shape reloading components are in and the cost of buying quality ammo. I want the power tho. My favorite in the safe right now is a 6.5creed remington 700 Ive built. Barrel, trigger, chassis you name it it seems I should have built a complete rifle instead of starting rifle lol. I feel tapped out at 1000yds so thats the interest in larger and the 338 fits I also have a 300 win mag in bavk of my mind

I don't know about you but when I got a 338 the cheapest ammo I could find with the quality bullet was S&B at about five dollars around which was pretty cheap but that rifle is what got me started and reloading
Yes deffinetly time to start reloading at 5$ a pop. It is fun tho and can help clear the mind. 338 is an awesome round and I feel like if i go 300win mag I will in time wish I had gone 338

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.