The nasty winter weather right now.

Wish all the Californians would leave Montana. I did see a guy today in Murdoch's ranch shop in Bozeman wearing shorts. It was a warm 6 degrees below. Figured he wasn't a rancher. Would have liked to taken him along feeding the other morning dressed like that when it was -35 with a 10 mile wind. -55 below chill factor...
I've been seeing a few people wearing shorts the last week or so.
Not sure if they are natives that want people to see how tough they are or Californians trying to convince everyone they're native?

You haven't lived until you've had a heated steering wheel. I bought a 2016 Silverado LTZ- came optioned with one. If I ordered a truck I would've never selected that. BUT...

I was duck and goose hunting with some friends a few years ago NE of Glasgow MT. When we started it was -36. After limiting out in about 2 hours, I started the truck, hit that steering wheel heater and OMG- 5-6 guys clutching the wheel to warm up hands, lol.

Best freggin thing ever. I'll never buy a car without it now, lol.
Heated steering wheels are nice for the Chevy guys, but that heated tailgate is a bigger seller on the Fords.

Only a day into winter and I'm ready for spring! This has been going on and off for over a month now already Since deer season. Been in the -50s the last couple days with the wind chill. My reloading room has never been cleaner🥴
The red is closed and the candy cane roads are no travel advised. The ! Marks are bad spots(drifts) which I am guessing are anywhere from 3-8 foot in spots on the highway.
from the middle of N.D. here... I've been out working in this all week. Drove over 1,000 miles in it and did a bunch of business on a linen services route... Man what a blast! I had a truck fail to start, had to hop into my coveralls and beat on the starter at -20f plus wind to fire the truck up again; needless to say that truck ran all night.

I dread getting out to go to the Dr this morning, luckily I can remote start my truck
we typically don't use remote starts here when it goes really nuts unless its a daily driver
I'm about 25 miles outside Louisville, KY. It was 43 yesterday afternoon, and -9 when we woke up this morning.
only -9? Nice and warm then... We are having trouble with getting engines to start without blowing them up here.

Last edited:
My "older" 😂 2009 is not that "advanced". One step above "cassette" player basically. Wife's Jeep does that automatically. My 2009 is pretty basic in comparison to even trucks couple years newer.

However!!! My 2009 came with Lifetime Powertrain warranty from FC! Still in effect! Truck has 195K and have not used warranty hardly at all. Nice yo have in back pocket if oh crap does happen.

I can see moving on to newer truck soon to catch up to newer features.
you probably won't like the newer warranties. My wife's '16 only has 55K on it and it's been out of warranty a year as it was a 5/60 warranty... Still paying for a new truck and the warranty is out...

Exactly why still running my 09. Engine just starting to show wear with qt oil about every 1500 miles. Still not bad. Still has good power and tranny strong. Starting to see rust over rear wheel wells which is common but pain in neck to deal with. Rattle cans are cheap.

Exactly why still running my 09. Engine just starting to show wear with qt oil about every 1500 miles. Still not bad. Still has good power and tranny strong. Starting to see rust over rear wheel wells which is common but pain in neck to deal with. Rattle cans are cheap.
yup, had to grind and prime/ paint a couple spots in the wheel wells on the '16 this fall... even got factory matched paint...