The nasty winter weather right now.

B1C9F705-1688-4A13-9BA0-18B555F8E223.gif

That's the reason they changed from Global warming to climate change. Gore went to NY to give a speech about global warming and it happened to be the Coldest day on record. Thus climate change, one degree difference is still a change
Yep. Gore and all the climate change koolaid drinkers are a PITA!

-4 in Cleveland with -30 wind chill, definitely a cold one here! Was going to hit the range on my day off, but I think I'll stay inside and load more rounds instead!
I'm a couple hours south of you in western Pa and it's warmer here, -3 and -25 with wind chill but not quite warm enough for the range. 🙄 Yep it's been a reloading day for lots of us.

Here in GA we are going into the single digits with wind chill below zero. I know that it is not like up north, but GEORGIA!!!

Great for Coyote hunting. Those buggers are needing more calories for this cold weather and will make mistakes to get a meal. Good luck to the Hard Core Hunters to get out in this cold. I wish I could be out there.

Tape Hot Hands to my toes with good wool socks (or electric socks /soles) and insulated boots, good silk long Jons and thermals under insulated Farmer Jons and heavy coat, very good head covering and hat and good gloves.

Even though I live in GA we still get cold weather (30 year lows) and have a lot of cold weather clothing from hunting NY & PA.
Can't sit in a stand all day if you are cold.
If you are going out there in this weather for shoveling snow or hunting, make sure you dress warm. It is easy to get hyperthermia.
Be SAFE!

Checked our pool earlier and all the 1.25" pipes were frozen solid after 13 hours in the 20s. Pump was on a timer and didn't come on for 16 hours. Started to try to thaw with a heat gun-no joy there. well as long as they don't burst until we get above freezing on Wednesday I can't really do anything. If the timer came on ten hours earlier the water would have been flowing and not freeze.

Glad I got our well insulated and an insulated fake rock on top and the standing 3 1/2'spigot for the goat's water has heat tape, so they hopefully won't freeze. I am sure a lot of wells around here will freeze tonight if not heated/insulated.
Worst freeze in over 30 years. If we had some percipiptation the entire State roadways would be shut down. I was going to the range yesterday to winterize the well and clubhouse. On Route 15 there was a convoy of about 50 big dump trucks with new Snow Balades attached heading north.
I guess they anticipated snow in North GA Mts.

Checked our pool earlier and all the 1.25" pipes were frozen solid after 13 hours in the 20s. Pump was on a timer and didn't come on for 16 hours. Started to try to thaw with a heat gun-no joy there. well as long as they don't burst until we get above freezing on Wednesday I can't really do anything. If the timer came on ten hours earlier the water would have been flowing and not freeze.

Glad I got our well insulated and an insulated fake rock on top and the standing 3 1/2'spigot for the goat's water has heat tape, so they hopefully won't freeze. I am sure a lot of wells around here will freeze tonight if not heated/insulated.
Worst freeze in over 30 years. If we had some percipiptation the entire State roadways would be shut down. I was going to the range yesterday to winterize the well and clubhouse. On Route 15 there was a convoy of about 50 big dump trucks with new Snow Balades attached heading north.
I guess they anticipated snow in North GA Mts.
They shouldn't. We have water pumped to a cistern - the top is only about 18" under ground and even -30 or -20 won't freeze it up if it's used.

If the well pump is down a casing it should still pump water. Your brief cold snap shouldn't freeze distribution lines unless they are really shallow dug. If so- keep water running to keep lines clear.

My neighbor bought their house in the fall but didn't move in until February- and it was a cold winter. Their cistern froze up at the top, the float arm was jammed up. They came over for water and I went over to look at their situation. Two drop cord shop lamps, one with a poultry bulb dropped down right above the float arm, put the concrete lid back on and in 24 hours it thawed it out.

Just had something disappeared thinking about how cold the water would be...😱🥶
Reminds me of a hunting trip in Durango Colorado . We were camped out for several days by a beaver pond I thought I'd take a bath one evening , got all stripped down and waded out too the middle about buttock deep , turned around and tip toed back out and got in my truck and drove 50 miles too the nearest K O A too cold for me. Things started disappearing way too fast.