The nasty winter weather right now.

You guys probably don't have to run #1 diesel in your tractor down there. We've been running #1 since October this year, it's been a long one already!!
Run the same diesel as the Truck/trailers at the gas stations. Went to get off road diesel at limited stations and was not worth the penny savings. also the regular diesel is FRESH.
I am sure if I tried starting today I would have to use starter fluid.

+1 on remote start! Its a 2009 Ram 2500 5.7 and its the best feature on truck! When I am hunting I turn all controls to max so when I hit remote start it is wound up to highest settings. A Chrysler engineer told me many years ago to place FOB on bottom of chin with hat off then hit remote start. It doubles range since your head/bones act as transmitter and I have found that to true.

Funny story was I was coming out of public land spot hunting and I could see truck but had to walk around a wetland. I hit remote and truck started up but it took a few minutes for me to get out to it. Seems there was a fella leaning against my truck holding court when my truck started up. When I got to parking area, there were 4 guys waiting by my truck which I was beginning to wonder what's this all about? They couldn't wait to tell me that their buddy just about turned inside out trying to get off truck when it started and fell on his butt! He was sheepishly standing there and asked How did I know he was there? I told them I have security 360 degree cameras in truck.... they bought that hook line and sinker! OMG too funny!

Wife's Grand Cherokee has heated seats which gotta tell you prob never have vehicle without them!!!!
You shouldn't have to do that manually. Even my "old" 2012 Ram 2500 has a feature in the programming to automatically turn on the seats and steering wheel; heat in the winter and A/C in the summer.

My climate control system stays on auto year round.

My "older" 😂 2009 is not that "advanced". One step above "cassette" player basically. Wife's Jeep does that automatically. My 2009 is pretty basic in comparison to even trucks couple years newer.

However!!! My 2009 came with Lifetime Powertrain warranty from FC! Still in effect! Truck has 195K and have not used warranty hardly at all. Nice yo have in back pocket if oh crap does happen.

I can see moving on to newer truck soon to catch up to newer features.