The Most DISSAPOINTING Bullet there ever was...

Any weight of original power belt 50 cals for muzzleloading. (I was young) Never occurred to me on the first few deer that they never existed on perfect behind shoulder shots. Then I took a shoulder shot and watched the big buck bite at where he was hit then run off. Found a small chunk of bone on the ground. The neighbor killed him a week later. It didn't penetrate the shoulder.

Boo!!!! corlokts!!! 👎 😂

In all seriousness if I was a factory ammo guy I would take Winchester super x power points over Remington corlokt or federal power shock any day as far as cheaper ammo goes.

My uncle had a sort of fail with a corelokt. Blew up completely on the scapula of a deer, they did recover it after a long long tracking job. It had destroyed one lung and thats as far as fragments went. 180 grain out of a slow moving .308, absolutely no way that should ever be.Possible haha.

It's insane how far an animal can go on one lung.
I bet they wouldn't run that far if they smoked.

Nosler Ballistic tips. Whitetail buck at 80 yards facing me directly shooting a Savage 99 in 243 win with 85 grain ballistic tips. Deer went 300 yards inks to the deep bush. Found it the next day and could see that the bullet entered the size of a pencil and left the size of a pencil. NO expansion.

Winchester power point factory ammo. To this day I hate the 270 win because the 270 ruined WAY WAY WAY WAY more meat than ANY of my 300 magnums Turned out the 270 factory ammo would grenade upon impact and their were shards of bullet throughout the animal.

Now days... pretty much won't use anything but Barnes TTSX for my hunting rounds. But have had really good luck with Accubonds out of 325 WSM and 270 WSM. Eld-x out of 257 Wby were so so. But then it was awhitetail doe at 350 yards. So they should work without blowing up.

Nosler Ballistic tips. Whitetail buck at 80 yards facing me directly shooting a Savage 99 in 243 win with 85 grain ballistic tips. Deer went 300 yards inks to the deep bush. Found it the next day and could see that the bullet entered the size of a pencil and left the size of a pencil. NO expansion.

Winchester power point factory ammo. To this day I hate the 270 win because the 270 ruined WAY WAY WAY WAY more meat than ANY of my 300 magnums Turned out the 270 factory ammo would grenade upon impact and their were shards of bullet throughout the animal.
You brisket shot it?

Oh hey! I love the core- locts. Between myself and my dad they've provided for more food on the table than the grocery store. Probably not the best long range bullet.
I used to use a 180 core-loct that shot great through my 30-06, but stopped using them when I had a cow hit at 75 yards broad side and the bullet penetrated one lung, then fragmented, with the bulk of the remainder hooking left and ending up in the same side ham. The same year I shot a buck forward in to the shoulder at 30 yards and the bullet failed to penetrate beyond it. That was it for me for core-loct.

This is actually a very inormative , useful thread.

I'm needing to stock up on 30 and .277 cal hinting bullets and cant make up my mind what to get. This thread helps narrow things a bit (though I had already written off nosler ablr).
I shoot the NABLR 150 and 165 out of my .270ss. Shoots .5 MOA and killed 2 elk and a mule deer this year (450, 608, 485). I have had good luck with the NABLR. Why had you previously written them off?

I made an investment in a pile of Berger 215s and they just don't shoot well or perform for me at all. I tried like heck to get rid of them for less than half of what I paid for them and no takers. I have now found a great use for them, and not as projectiles. So, if any of you still stuck with them and had the same issues that I did, please look me up, I'll give you full 2018 pricing for them.

Let it rain!

I just read all 52 posts and feel like I should go home and throw away all of my bullets. I'm also going to check the freezer and make sure the wildlife is still dead. I have to find some Remington Corelocks, nobody dissed them yet.
Now at this point you can put the cor lokts with the rest of the no good bullets you have. I'm going to have a yard sale!

I was never able to get the Nosler Partition to shoot well for me. They're an awesome bullet and I really wanted to use em hunting, to no avail...
They are realistically a 1.5 MOA bullet for most part, not really a LR bullet but in 300 and in I found a Partition to be darn good. YMMV with them in accuracy.