The Berger 156 EOL is done

I did the calculations on the blackjack too. In a 25 creed@3000 the wind drift is the same as my 6.5 creed @ 2850 with a 147eld. I am going to try the bergers in my 6.5 Saum for hunting. Those 147eldms shoot great in my 1000 yd rifle.
Shep
I've done the calculations on that 131 lots of times. I still cant come up with the numbers that black jack posts about it beating everything in sight. Impressive for sure just hyped up alittle is all. Which is understandable so isnt anything else out there

Thank you for posting this. I've been following the 131 blackjack and trying to figure out if it has any advantage over the 6.5's. I'm guessing it would take the the 26 nosler with a lot more recoil to get those 156 EOL' to open the gap.

Running the numbers through shooter. My 25SST at 3230 with the 131s and the 26nos at 3250 156s, the wind drift is equal in a 5mph 3cl wind at 1000 yards

Where the 156 EOL pulls away from the 131 ACE substantially is energy and overall on game performance, as it is specifically geared towards hunting.

156 from a creed at 2700ish fps, 131 at 3000ish fps. 131 has better bc as well. They're pretty similar, and the 257 only gets better with distance. I built a 25 saum for this very bullet even though I have two very accurate 6.5 saums.

156 from a creed at 2700ish fps, 131 at 3000ish fps. 131 has better bc as well. They're pretty similar, and the 257 only gets better with distance. I built a 25 saum for this very bullet even though I have two very accurate 6.5 saums.
Not sure where you got that the 131 has a better bc, it is .330 g7 vs the 156 at .347 g7. And if you go by the Bryan Litz numbers, the 156 has a .355 g7. So the 131 certainly doesn't have a better bc. Not to take away from it, it is still a fantastic bullet from everything I have seen/heard

Not sure where you got that the 131 has a better bc, it is .330 g7 vs the 156 at .347 g7. And if you go by the Bryan Litz numbers, the 156 has a .355 g7. So the 131 certainly doesn't have a better bc. Not to take away from it, it is still a fantastic bullet from everything I have seen/heard

I use .350 G7 for the 131gr 25cal to get everything to line up in shooter & AB apps

I use .350 G7 for the 131gr 25cal to get everything to line up in shooter & AB apps
The applied Ballistics litz number of .355 has worked well for me with the 156 out to 1230 yds as well.

Not to get off topic, just an interesting thought.

I have often wondered, when we adjust the b.c. (I have done it myself, though I generally prefer to adjust my muzzle velocity vs whatever a ballistician says a bullets bc is) of a bullet to get it to match up with our drops, how often is it really some other issue, such as getting skewed atmospheric readings from whatever instruments we use, our scopes tracking actually more or less than what they should be, up/down drafts from the wind, misinformation from our chronographs, or a myriad of many other possibilities or combination of these issues. Not discrediting your or anyone else's findings in any way, just a thought.

I shoot anywhere from 4000-6500' elevation and I run 350 g7 out to 1200 yards with my 25 creedmoor. Maybe Brian should test the 131. BJ said 330 before they pointed it.

I shoot anywhere from 4000-6500' elevation and I run 350 g7 out to 1200 yards with my 25 creedmoor. Maybe Brian should test the 131. BJ said 330 before they pointed it.
That likely may have made the difference. It would be nice to see what Litz comes up with for the 131, with it's popularity I'm sure that it will be eventually coming down the pipe

I'm finishing up breaking in my barrel with cheap ELD-X's in my 6.5 SAUM (while doing load dev for those bullets as well) and then I'll switch over to the 156's i bought. Anxious to see how they fly!

That likely may have made the difference. It would be nice to see what Litz comes up with for the 131, with it's popularity I'm sure that it will be eventually coming down the pipe
Cody I do shoot the 6.5 saum as well and the 156 gives that case killing power to a long ways out. I plan to do some load work up this week.

The applied Ballistics litz number of .355 has worked well for me with the 156 out to 1230 yds as well.

Not to get off topic, just an interesting thought.

I have often wondered, when we adjust the b.c. (I have done it myself, though I generally prefer to adjust my muzzle velocity vs whatever a ballistician says a bullets bc is) of a bullet to get it to match up with our drops, how often is it really some other issue, such as getting skewed atmospheric readings from whatever instruments we use, our scopes tracking actually more or less than what they should be, up/down drafts from the wind, misinformation from our chronographs, or a myriad of many other possibilities or combination of these issues. Not discrediting your or anyone else's findings in any way, just a thought.

I agree, there are a lot variables that make it hard to compare with true apples to apples data.

I don't mess with the velocity as much now days with reliable chrono's, but some times it does need to be adjusted slightly. To help take out some of these variables i true my app/drops on level ground, early morning/late evening. With as little wind as possible then validate several times winter and summer.

The 156 will definitely help with larger game animals. I'll mainly be using the 131 BJ on pigs and deer, it has done a good job so far on a small sample size.

I don't have a 26nos. But the difference between the 25SST with 131s and when my 6.5SS was running the 155smks at 3070 is very little. Ive shot some proof terminus rifles with the apa brake in 26 nos w/140s and recoil isn't much more.