Texas made monolithic bullets ...

Brother, as per our PM, I still wish you do a write on the Peregrine bullets to share. I plan on starting my purchase with their .308 cal 180g Plainsmaster to add to my growing mono bullet inventory.
I did quite a few of them, you must have been napping.

The VLR4's and prototype VLR5's I shot were the best bullets overall I ever shot.

I don't care where you hit the critter, they are going to expand every time.

The only time I was ever able to recover any of them in game was on very large African Game and on a couple of huge boars nobody would believe were killed anywhere but a feedlot.

What I did recover consistently were the brass tips.

I was able to recover some that had passed through multiple hogs before stopping finally fired from the 6.5 LRM and 300 Rum, and I found a couple I was able to dig out of the hill side after shooting deer and hogs.

Not the highest BC's because they are monolithics but they got the job done for me everywhere, at any range, and on anything I shot with them.

Call the factory Direct in S. Africa and discuss your needs before coughing up the money as they are not inexpensive.

One thing I love about them is that they do have a cheaper target bullet that matches balletically the LR bullets so you can practice with them a lot less expensively.

Because snake oil has been sold for a very long time.

That's true, but there's a difference between "snake oil" and marketing. You come off as overly critical of products you don't have first-hand experience with. It's very reminiscent of the "Hornady sucks" trend a few years back.

The market will decide which products succeed and which ones fail. The "snake oil" sellers are quickly identified as products make it to the woods and really get tested. If you don't want to support the companies, that's fine. There's no reason to question a product though that you've never used (Cavity Back Bullets) or one that hasn't even been released yet, like the Apex bullets.

I did quite a few of them, you must have been napping.

The VLR4's and prototype VLR5's I shot were the best bullets overall I ever shot.

I don't care where you hit the critter, they are going to expand every time.

The only time I was ever able to recover any of them in game was on very large African Game and on a couple of huge boars nobody would believe were killed anywhere but a feedlot.

What I did recover consistently were the brass tips.

I was able to recover some that had passed through multiple hogs before stopping finally fired from the 6.5 LRM and 300 Rum, and I found a couple I was able to dig out of the hill side after shooting deer and hogs.

Not the highest BC's because they are monolithics but they got the job done for me everywhere, at any range, and on anything I shot with them.

Call the factory Direct in S. Africa and discuss your needs before coughing up the money as they are not inexpensive.

One thing I love about them is that they do have a cheaper target bullet that matches balletically the LR bullets so you can practice with them a lot less expensively.
Yes, I must have been napping. I will look for those posts when I get the chance.

That's true, but there's a difference between "snake oil" and marketing. You come off as overly critical of products you don't have first-hand experience with. It's very reminiscent of the "Hornady sucks" trend a few years back.

The market will decide which products succeed and which ones fail. The "snake oil" sellers are quickly identified as products make it to the woods and really get tested. If you don't want to support the companies, that's fine. There's no reason to question a product though that you've never used (Cavity Back Bullets) or one that hasn't even been released yet, like the Apex bullets.
One thing for sure, no amount of marketing is going to sell many bullets if they are crap in the age of the internet. Word gets around really quickly.

I got no problem with these Texas based bullets. Their marketing and product explanation is ok. The other thread about the CBB bullets, now that is when my BS meter pegged. It's kind of like the whole first impressions matter thing. Come at me with some unsubstantiated claims and I'm not likely to follow. Talk to me straight and I'll give ya a try.

Good for you! Are you serious? There is so much coverage about it already. I do not think there is anything I can post that is not already covered, change anyone's mindset, or even bother to attempt it. My posts are purely to add to the knowledge base. What one does with it is entirely up to individuals.

If you want to know if I have a bias about Hammer bullets, I do - their low BC. Those that know me are aware of it. I wish their BC is higher. Nonetheless, I have their bullets to try.
So wait you have the bullets to try but have an option about them?
Oh wow I thought we were not allowed to have those unless we have tried them. We only need to purchase them?
Not trying to pile on but I don't think his statement about his background was that far out of line. It may not be right but also has some merit. If he had a job that revolves around that it is valuable just like any marketing person is looking at the best way to paint a product in the best light. It may not be the whole story or the correct answer even but is helpful in forming and educated purchase.

Oh wow I thought we were not allowed to have those unless we have tried them. We only need to purchase them?
Not trying to pile on but I don't think his statement about his background was that far out of line. It may not be right but also has some merit. If he had a job that revolves around that it is valuable just like any marketing person is looking at the best way to paint a product in the best light. It may not be the whole story or the correct answer even but is helpful in forming and educated purchase.
Their BC's are published, therefore his opinion about the BC's is an educated one.

I know Feenix, if they shoot well and perform well for him on game he'll say so even if he wishes the BC's could be higher.

I think all of us shooting Mono's wish they could match our cup and core bullets for BC but physics won't allow for it since copper is far less dense than lead, about 10% less.

Right now metallurgy and price limit the mono market pretty well to copper and copper allow bullets so that's something hopefully we'll be able to improve on over time.

One thing for sure, if you hunt public land sooner rather than later you're going to be required to shoot some form of Non Toxic bullet so I for one and glad to see more and more interest and competition in the Mono Market.

I did. You were out of line there and you remain so.

There are other forums to pick fights on, this isn't one of them.
I don't agree. He made a statement that I dont totally agree with but I did not see it as a fight. I saw it as having some merit based on his background. I got roughly a similar response form feenix even after stating how I saw benefits to the bullet but finding some of it hard to believe. I've got a lot of respect for both you and feenix Here but even by his own standards he should never try anything but Berger and the high bc they carry.
I am a skeptic at heart and admitted that I would take a look at any bullet I think my fit for what I need. But left that thread a little dumbfounded that I shouldn't be able to be a bit skeptical of claims. Same as I was with hammer. It took a long time before I finally tried them.
Again I may be off base here Feenix which probably got started by quoting a post I may be should not have and just commented on my thoughts alone. I've been wrong many times in my life and I will gladly own them if my experience changes my opinion. That's all I am trying. To say in these threads is my initial opinion and thoughts nothing more so I'll leave it at this and move forward with productive conversation. Kinda went off the rails in a way I regret

I did. You were out of line there and you remain so.

There are other forums to pick fights on, this isn't one of them.
I will never be out of line posting my opinions. I know you and Feenix are bros, so I didn't expect you to eliminate your bias on the matter. If you would do due diligence on my posts and contributions to this site, you would understand I am here to learn, share, and opine.

Their BC's are published, therefore his opinion about the BC's is an educated one.

I know Feenix, if they shoot well and perform well for him on game he'll say so even if he wishes the BC's could be higher.

I think all of us shooting Mono's wish they could match our cup and core bullets for BC but physics won't allow for it since copper is far less dense than lead, about 10% less.

Right now metallurgy and price limit the mono market pretty well to copper and copper allow bullets so that's something hopefully we'll be able to improve on over time.

One thing for sure, if you hunt public land sooner rather than later you're going to be required to shoot some form of Non Toxic bullet so I for one and glad to see more and more interest and competition in the Mono Market.
I have to agree with you. I to really wish they had higher bc. I was more making a point about the other thread and should not have brought it to this one. I doubted some claims they made and he asked if I had had used them to see. I was just pointing out that he has the hammers but hasn't shot them would be the same as not having them. And the bc on the site could as we all know be just as much snake oil as other claims. Although if me was to sell snake oil for a bc someone forgot to tell hammer they should have made them much higher🙂.
I'm all for these new pills if you look back I've jumped ship to a lot of new ones some do what they claim other fall a bit short but it's fun to play and find out.
These ones look great.

Yes, I do have Hammer bullets 117 AH to try in my .257 WBTY and 178 AH in my .30 Gibbs. I hope to compare them with the 117 and 178 Cayugas. I also have GSCs, Barnes LRX, BD2s, and soon CBB. Yes, I have them to try, but I do not have time. :mad: Nowhere did I make any claims that I tried them. I have them on hand just in case I find some time to do load development. In the last two years, I have had four builds that I have not done load development. Full-time work and full-time school work have taken most of my time.

Recent Posts