Terminal Ascent Length

Very nice controlled expansion.

All but 1 bullet have been pass throughs with golf ball sized exits.

One bullet was recovered from a bull elk and the mushroom was textbook.

I would like to hand load them to get velocities up between 2900-3000. I think the 200 grain from a 30 mag could be pretty great.

I shot 3 deer this season from 15 feet to 30 yards with the 30-06. Same 175 grain bullet.

Even from those distances, the bullet didn't blow up and ruin meat. Just pass throughs and DRT deer.

I shot 3 deer this season from 15 feet to 30 yards with the 30-06. Same 175 grain bullet.

Even from those distances, the bullet didn't blow up and ruin meat. Just pass throughs and DRT deer.
Expect it would be a great bullet for the largest, toughest game or predators.

Also great for reduced meat carnage on the edible game.

It does! Thank you. Do you have an hunting successes with it yet?

Quite a bit actually. This one was recovered from a Whitetail last weekend. Lodged under the hide on the opposing side of the shot. It never took a step. I use these in several calibers and I'm quite happy with the performance.

Attachments

• Fed TA Recovered.jpg
    Fed TA Recovered.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 79
Quite a bit actually. This one was recovered from a Whitetail last weekend. Lodged under the hide on the opposing side of the shot. It never took a step. I use these in several calibers and I'm quite happy with the performance.
Based on the way they described its construction, I'd say that picture shows the bullet worked exactly how it should have. Good to hear, especially with some of the really close shots others are reporting. I was hoping to use them on a possible elk trip this year, but availability hasnt been great. I may end up going with whatever bonded bullets I can find.. hopefully an Accubond or similar.

I have used them on Hogs, Axis, Whitetails and Scimitar Oryx this past year. 26 Nosler, 280 Ackley and 308 Win at various distances. Some pass through but not all. Every animal was taken cleanly and quickly.

This bullet checks a lot of the boxes for a long range bullet. I tried the Trophy Bonded Tip bullets in 165 grain and had issues with them. Accuracy was not good and I ran into pressure with less velocity than other 165 grain bullets I'm using. Tried them in two barrels with 1-12" and 1-10" twist. Going to try the TA's in 30 cal 175 and 200 grain when I can get some.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.