Terminal Ascent Length

ndking1126

Has anyone measured the length of the 175gr .308 Terminal Acent? Federal has it listed as .787". I dont see how a bullet that short could have a BC of .520. Also as Federal reports the specs of their loaded ammunition, the stabilization factor is 8.8 according to Berger... it's not adding up at all!

I was wondering the same thing about the 308 Winchester and 300 wsm 200 gr. They both look too good to be true. The 300 wsm 200 gr is stated to be 1.622" bullet length. The 308 175 gr at .787" has to be an error. I don't see how it couldn't be at least 1.2". All other 308 is listed with at least 1.2" length on their website. I'm gonna give them a call and try to get some clarification.

Has anyone measured the length of the 175gr .308 Terminal Acent? Federal has it listed as .787". I dont see how a bullet that short could have a BC of .520. Also as Federal reports the specs of their loaded ammunition, the stabilization factor is 8.8 according to Berger... it's not adding up at all!
Did you ever get an answer to this? The .787" just can't be right but that is still what is showing all over the Internet.

Did you contact Federal directly and ask for clarification?

Did you contact Federal directly and ask for clarification?
Feenix, I did but got no response. Seems to be the norm for me. I'm always a little surprised to hear when people post about interactions with large OEMs, cause I almost never hear back.

Feenix, I did but got no response. Seems to be the norm for me. I'm always a little surprised to hear when people post about interactions with large OEMs, cause I almost never hear back.
You can draw your own conclusion. On Oct 24, 2020, I asked, "Can you please advise on twist rate recommendation for your 200g TA .300 WSM factory ammunition" because another member posted a query. On Oct 26, 2020, this was waiting for me ...

Federal Terminal Accent twist rate recommendation.JPG

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.