Terminal Ascent Bullets?

The meplats on your bullets look smashed and all of a different rate, none of my bullets tips look like that, all are sleek with no deformation, even on the factory 7mm Rem Mag ammo all the tips are immaculate , You didn't buy the "pulled" bullets on Gunbroker perchance did ya ? some fella was selling a bunch of them with tips that looked like that
They were not mine. I don't know where my buddy got them.

Was in Sportsmans Warehouse an hour ago and they had a pile of 7mm Rem Mag ammo, picked up 7 more boxes for my 7mm & my dads ... just checked all the bullet tips on the ammo and all are 100% nice & pointy with no deformation

View attachment 397539
That's where all the components are going lately, factory ammo.

Seems like it's not going to be available any time soon.

The 130 grain TA bullets shoot extremely well in my 6.5SAUM Improved.

IMG_5169.png

I would really like to find some .308 175 and 200 grain for my 308 and 300 Norma respectively.

Anyone know anything about availability of Federal's Terminal Ascent Bullets?

Been looking for them and are back ordered or overdue.

Just heard about them from a friend and would really like to try them out. Looks like the best solution to all ranges large animal hunting I like (elk, moose, brown bear!)

View attachment 397052
They seem unavailable. I've been trying to find the heavy 308/200 grain bullet they make but nobody had them.

I have a supply of Federal factory loaded 375 H&H with the 300 TBBC that have worked well, but these prices are insane! Qty of 25 for $168!
They must not want to sell any!

The Hornady 178 grain ELD-X are widely available and have a comparable BC. That's what I've been shooting lately over some Ramshot TAC.
The integrity of the ELDX does not compare to the Ascent in my humble opinion . I would deem the Ascent as one of the best bullet designs on the market , for hunting . I am a hunter, have not shot critters with every bullet made . I only dabble in bench rest shooting for fun . These are killing machines .

Recent Posts