Tapered Brake for .650 muzzle 300 WSM

WSMDRT

Anyone have suggestions for a good brake on light hunter sub 8lb 300 wsm?

Barrel will be .650 at the muzzle.
Radial vias style or side ported?
If larger than .650 just needs to be able to be turned down. Found these on Red Hawk rifles.
Gentry_Custom_Muzzle_Brake_Main__82306.png

Hawkins_2_Port_Brake_Main__39808.png

Hawkins_3_Port_Brake_Main__57368.png

Just read a big write up on harrells. I will talk to my smith and make sure I can get my .650 muzzle threaded and turn down brake so its seemless before I get started.

Just read a big write up on harrells. I will talk to my smith and make sure I can get my .650 muzzle threaded and turn down brake so its seemless before I get started.
Have you considered a barbell shape to keep the effectiveness of a full diameter brake and have it seamless?

I'd look at the Terminator T2. Terminator are amazing! Most effective brake I've used. I'll never get another radial brake on a rifle. Your smith can turn it down.

Tired of getting dirt in my eyes, teeth, and on scope obj lens while shooting prone. Definitely go with a side ported over radial any day.

I'd look at the Terminator T2. Terminator are amazing! Most effective brake I've used. I'll never get another radial brake on a rifle. Your smith can turn it down.

Tired of getting dirt in my eyes, teeth, and on scope obj lens while shooting prone. Definitely go with a side ported over radial any day.
T2 and T1+ look good and should be close to seemless while still very effective.

We have T1, T2, and T3's on our rifles. My T3 on my 28 Nosler with a proof Sendero carbon is turned seamless and flush at my request. Our smith does a great job with turning down the shoulder angle of the brake to blend, and I think they look better than seamless.

This video is impressive with a T2 338 Edge, 300 grain bullet 2900 FPS on an 8.6lb gun.

I have a few different types of brakes, and the radials (Vais and Quiet brake by Gentry) are my worst. Consult with Nathan at https://muzzlebrakesandmore.com/beast-1-piece for the one piece if you are going to have your gunsmith work on it. I have quite a few of his brakes, which work very well.

Yep, this is from Gentry Quiet brake.

Gentry's quiet brake.jpg

Unfortunately, one of my .300 WSM still sports a Vais brake, but it is OK because I will use it just as a target/range gun.