Swift Scirroco 2 Performance Testing?

GF300

I am currently shooting a 300 Win Mag with 212gr Hornady Eld-x's and they are devastating on deer but in my experience they blow up and retain less weight than I'd like resulting in a lot of blood shot meat. Has anyone tested the scirroco 2 bullets through bone or say 1" thick wood in front of gel to see how well they hold up and perform after hitting bone? I'm looking at trying out the .308 180gr for it's decent BC's for longer shots but want something that holds up much better at 20 yards than the Eld-x.

If they will group in your rifle, I think they are one of the best cup and core bullets made for on game performance. They expand easily but hold together very well.

They are kind of finicky to find a load, and seem to loose a little velocity due to the long bearing surface. But. Once you find a load they perform great. Sub 1/2" in two rifles and every bullet I ever pulled out of the ground behind the target retained 75%+. Never recovered from game, always pass through. Very solid bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.