swarvoski?

300RUMY

Looking for new scope for my M700 LSS 300rum. Looking at the swarvoski 4-12x50 with TDS. Wondering if anyone uses the TDS, opinions of?, if it is worth it over the plex? I shoot 200gn accubonds and am going to use the outfit for antelope to elk this year. whitetail and mule deer too.

While ballistic reticles do have there place, I think you would be happier in the long run if you got a scope that you could dial. If your looking @ spending that much money I would look @ a NF.

300RUMMY,

I've got the exact scope your talking about on my .340Wby now. The optics on it are second to none. I've actually got the TDS-4 reticle, which basically means I've also got some windage hash marks on the horizontal wire. I like it much more than the standard TDS. The TDS reticle works very well and I love the scope. However, I am at a point where I'd like to move up to a target knob-dial in the range system for my rifles. Meaning. getting a scope with a Target style knob that I can dial in the clicks to get to the known trajectory that I want to shoot. Basically I want a little more exact shot placement. Does this make sense? I'm actually looking to sell my Swarovski and go with a Leupold Mark 4 with a TMR reticle from Bill Bailey. Let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck.

I'm currently having a custom 300 ultra rifle made. My gunsmith has Swarvoski TDS scopes on his rifles. I plan on using a Swarvoski TDS myself as I am using the rifle mainly for hunting. If the a rifle is used for target or small game, then a target knob may be better.

My next next question is should I get the 1in or 30mm tube scope? Is it worth the extra money? Any suggestions?

AZhunter,

I'd consider a few things with the 1"vs 30mm tube. First is weight. If lightweight is what your going for then the 1". If weight is not a concern. Also its my understanding that the 30mm have a few extra springs in there that keep them together a bit better. But in my experience I've not known anyone have problems with the 1" version of scopes. If eye relief is concern then you might look at the 1" also. The 30mm have 3" or less of eye relief.. Good luck I'm sure you'll like whichever one you choose.

Well I ended up solveing my problem. I got a good deal on a 6.5-20x50mm vx-3 long range silver. I've got the old vari x 1" model with mil dot and think the newer vx line seems to be a little more clear. Now all I've got to do is send it off for a different reticle. Any thoughts?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts