Swarovski spotter decisions.

I plan on it. I just didn't get it before hunting started last year. I would imagine with the ME I would probably be able to quit packing the ATX eyepiece? Maybe not though.

Dont know how well it would substitute the ATX eyepiece because I dont have the BTX. At least you would have 2 mag settings to use instead of one. With 70% increase in magnification, you will surely be able to discern animals much better at extended ranges.

Dont know how well it would substitute the ATX eyepiece because I dont have the BTX. At least you would have 2 mag settings to use instead of one. With 70% increase in magnification, you will surely be able to discern animals much better at extended ranges.
So how does the additional power handle things like mirage, which often causes major issues even with 30 power and even less?

appreciate all the input and discussion gentlemen. Gives me a lot of chew on. I would love to have the BTX as I found looking thru a single eye after a while gave me a headache as both didn't want to focus the same after long periods of glassing. I know. Switch eyes, but not easy sitting in a confined space such as a deer blind. I also want to be able to use a digiscope to film kids shots on animals as well. In a perfect world, I'd just buy both eye pieces. Decisions, decisions. Looks like ATX for me!

What spotter do you currently have or did have? Top tier glass wont give you headaches. I actually carry an eye patch for long glassing sessions in the spotter. My eyelid muscles get sore after a while from keeping the eye closed and the patch let's me leave it open without messing up my view. But no headaches

Lots of good info in this thread so far. Thanks for the input. I'm upgrading from a Razor HD 65mm. I'm sure the ATS would be a big jump up. I haven't found myself using a spotter as much as some. With my 10x42 EL I am able to spot deer pretty well. Sizing them up is where the spotter comes into play. It should be here in a few days. Really excited.

The resolution of the 95 ATX has to be seen to be believed. We shoot 1000 yard Benchrest and when the air is clean its not uncommon to see a groups on paper with the better glass, it has to be a good group and in the white of the target. The 95 ATX can see individual 6mm holes in the white. Nothing on the planet that has been to deep creek has done that. I got to play with one of the BTX adapters on one as well. Its amazing. But if your gonna pack this stuff the 65 makes more sense.

The resolution of the 95 ATX has to be seen to be believed. We shoot 1000 yard Benchrest and when the air is clean its not uncommon to see a groups on paper with the better glass, it has to be a good group and in the white of the target. The 95 ATX can see individual 6mm holes in the white. Nothing on the planet that has been to deep creek has done that. I got to play with one of the BTX adapters on one as well. Its amazing. But if your gonna pack this stuff the 65 makes more sense.

I'm in agreement. The 1.7X helps a lot, when your really looking out there 3-5 miles, and the phone scope is a game changer.
Used the entire ats/sts line, they do great but the X line is a big jump up.

Attachments

• AADCDDFC-1B0B-4C92-A2F5-B6E1AD1DDCD6.jpeg
    AADCDDFC-1B0B-4C92-A2F5-B6E1AD1DDCD6.jpeg
    691.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 47138B34-6B9D-4056-8118-513FBBE59916.jpeg
    47138B34-6B9D-4056-8118-513FBBE59916.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 231
Well not to be condemning the Swaro scopes, but fact is that seeing bullet holes at 1000 yds in the (white) part of the target is nothing new. And it's certainly nothing reserved for only those scopes.
At Williamsport, its been being done for decades with lots of different scopes when the conditions allow for it. The key word being (conditions), because that dictates the viewing quality of all of them. Fact is the old cliché that says on a good day they all look good, and on a poor day none are any good is very true. Those who think otherwise simply haven't been exposed to the proper conditions that will prove it.

Well not to be condemning the Swaro scopes, but fact is that seeing bullet holes at 1000 yds in the (white) part of the target is nothing new. And it's certainly nothing reserved for only those scopes.
At Williamsport, its been being done for decades with lots of different scopes when the conditions allow for it. The key word being (conditions), because that dictates the viewing quality of all of them. Fact is the old cliché that says on a good day they all look good, and on a poor day none are any good is very true. Those who think otherwise simply haven't been exposed to the proper conditions that will prove it.

I will disagree here. All spotters are not equal depending on conditions. You need to look through an ATX 95mm with the 1.7x mag extender. Even on a hot sunny summer day I can use my glass on 90x-100x (120x is max). Bad conditions or not, I could easily see holes in paper at distances over 1K as I catch glimpses of clarity through the waving mirage. Never in a thousand years did I think a scope could work through mirage on that mag level. You have to see it to believe it.

Theres a ton of glass on the line at all times. I have been able to see a single hole in the white with only one scope. And Im not talking about thinking you see the hole, or a cluster of shots, but being able to count them and see them clearly. The others just will not do it, in the same conditions. No rifle scope will do it, and the second best spotter I have seen (Meopta S2) wont do it either. They will let you see clusters but not clearly count single 6mm holes. So under our best conditions and testing all the best glass over the years side by side all I can say is nothing resolves like the 95 ATX. I cant comment on your experiences, just give my own.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.