Swarovski spotter decisions.

Rhovee

I am in the market for a new sporting scope. I have a Swarovski 10x42 EL and love them. I am curious what's your favorite Swarovski power for hunting.

I have the 95ATX and Bluetooth phone scope set up. Can't beat it. Low light is unreal.

I have a old leo 12-45x60 find i use it all the time because of handy size.Been packed quite a bit.Hvae a bigger 84 Kowa doesnt see much use.Would love 554 Kowa for genral use and packing

ATX 95 is the best but it's big and bulky. ATX65 is a great medium size spotter if you going to carry it around. Can't go wrong with either

ATX 85 has a bigger field of view than the 95, draws plenty of light at dusk and not as bulky or heavy as the 95. Little more versatile for a hunting spotter and like the low end power better for Digiscoping.

Thanks guys. It's an addition i am going to make. I am thinking 85MM as well.

Have any of you used the ME 1.7x magnification extender?

I'm not familiar at all with spotters, but I got to use a friend's Nightforce 20-70 TS 82mm. I really liked having the magnification to 70 on his spotter for judging deer at 500+ yards. Swarvo only goes to 60x in the model I'm looking at, so I'm wondering if the extender is worth the money to increase the magnification. Looking at an ATS 20-60X80 and adding the extender.

I'm not familiar at all with spotters, but I got to use a friend's Nightforce 20-70 TS 82mm. I really liked having the magnification to 70 on his spotter for judging deer at 500+ yards. Swarvo only goes to 60x in the model I'm looking at, so I'm wondering if the extender is worth the money to increase the magnification. Looking at an ATS 20-60X80 and adding the extender.
With good glass judging deer at 500 plus is not a problem only using 30 power! Not very often that the conditions are good enough to use 70 power. I know of a person that has one on a ATX 95 and he uses it to look at the moon !!

I ended up going with a 65mm ats. Should be here this week. I think that's enough power for what kind of hunting I do. Shoot I spotted a bedded down deer at 1100 yards with my 10x42 EL.

I think you'll be happy with the 65mm. I have a the same spotter and picked the 65mm just because I wanted something relatively small to stuff in a pack. Bigger is better as long as you don't have to pack it very far!

Sand Man the Extender doesn't fit on the ATS or STS models. It only works on the ATX, STX and BTX models. It fits between the eye (ocular) module and the objective module.
I have the ATX 65mm model and it is fantastic even in low light conditions. Yes the 85mm would be better in low light but I doubt I have missed seeing that once in a lifetime trophy yet.

I have the Swarovski ATX with 95mm objective, 65mm objective, and the 1.7x magnification extender.

Kiwikid is absolutely right on the extender. It ONLY works with the new modular ATX/STX scopes. And as he also said, it fits in between the eyepiece and objective module and you can't put the extender on an ATS because they dont come apart

But to answer your question, YES the extender is awesome and worth it if you have an ATX/STX spotter.

Appreciate the input and thanks for clarification. I agree. No problem on spotting deer/trophies/buck of a lifetime at those distances with 20-60X magnification, but when you are ageing deer my eyes aren't good enough without more magnification to tell the subtleties once a deer is in rut or post rut. Since this won't be used from a pack except for a few elk hunts, I'm leaning towards the 95mm ATX if I can stomach the price. I also don't see an 85mm objective in the ATS/STS. Only the ATX/STX/BTX line unless I'm missing it?

Anyone that's used both lines want to give me a quick run down on the differences between the ATS/STS and ATX/STX/BTX line?

Appreciate the input and thanks for clarification. I agree. No problem on spotting deer/trophies/buck of a lifetime at those distances with 20-60X magnification, but when you are ageing deer my eyes aren't good enough without more magnification to tell the subtleties once a deer is in rut or post rut. Since this won't be used from a pack except for a few elk hunts, I'm leaning towards the 95mm ATX if I can stomach the price. I also don't see an 85mm objective in the ATS/STS. Only the ATX/STX/BTX line unless I'm missing it?

Anyone that's used both lines want to give me a quick run down on the differences between the ATS/STS and ATX/STX/BTX line?

Just go to Swarovski website. It's a very good site. There are HUGE differences.

The ATX/STX/BTX are "modular", meaning they come apart in pieces and can be swapped around with one another. I can change my objective sizes from 95mm to 65mm by simply pressing a button and twisting it off then locking the new one in place. If I want a straight spotter, I simply buy that eyepiece and twist it onto one of my objective modules. If I want a binocular style eyepiece, i buy the BTX and slap it on my objectives. If you have friends that have the modular system, you can change parts with each other too.

The ATS/STS are just plane Jane old school Swaro spotters. No frills.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.