Suppressor Muzzle Brake Recommedation

Black Tail Hunter

I am waiting for my form 4 to clear and have 3 designs of muzzle brakes to choose from to mount my suppressor. I was hoping for some input from people who know more than I do about muzzle brake design vs its effectiveness in mitigating felt recoil. What I am wondering is which design will be the most effective when shooting unsuppressed. Thanks in advance for your input.

Attachments

• YHM-3302-MB-24A-1.jpg
    YHM-3302-MB-24A-1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 63
  • yhm-4302-mb_1.jpg
    yhm-4302-mb_1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 91
  • yhm-4302-mb-24a-new2_2_1[1].jpg
    yhm-4302-mb-24a-new2_2_1[1].jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 91
Check out PrecisionRifleBlog.com He did a really nice write up on brakes and some great tests with a bunch of different brakes. I found it quite informative.

I had the bottom one on a .308 SASS, seemed to work well but it wasn't a high recoil rig to start with.

Thanks for the responses guys, I was leaning toward the ''3 port" design as well. If I understand brakes correctly it is a surface area thing for how well they dissipate the muzzle blast but always like other input as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.