Suggestion for rangefinders

I want to push a button and have a solution without messing with a Kestrel; IMO a shock corded wind flag I plant in front of me is better than an anemometer. I use them, to be sure, but only if I can't read mirage, and even then, my wind flag is something I can glance at just before I take a shot. Someone should come up with a bluetooth to a phone with ABS - or a HUD in your scope. We can dream...

ABS is the applied ballistics solver program that will take in all your settings and the environmental conditions to give you a elevation and windage correction to shoot that distance .

I have a sig 2400abs and also a gen1 G7BR2 . the sig is much smaller , making it nicer to carry . the sig considers a few more things to give your corrections . compass direction , for Coriolis . spin drift , aerodynamic jump . these are the three I can think of right off . my sig ranges to 1600 yards pretty well . it's hit and miss at 2050 yards . it never got a hit at 2375 yards . I've never tried the G7BR2 out to these distances .

EDIT : here is a link to another set up . I haven't seen it work yet , we should be getting together this summer to do some shooting . I'm anxious to see this in action .

one more EDIT :

another link for you to read

I tried to buy the sig kilo 2400 abs on here. It wouldn't let me add it to my cart. What do I need to do to purchase from here. Do I need to join something or setup an account.

I tried looking up Len's long range store couldn't find it Euro optics is sold out. Amazon has it for the same price but would that be the real thing .

I grabbed a pack of Denise's cigarettes to put a size on these two rangefinders . the sig is slightly bigger than a pack of cigarettes' .

I'll mention this just in case you're like me and don't have a smartphone . the sig app needs to be on a smartphone or tablet . it needs to be mobile . to set this up properly I take the tablet along to input things in the field . velocity put in at home will skew the info . I figured this out the hard way . also be sure to calibrate the compass before use , again I found out the hard way .

Attachments

• P3060051.JPG
    P3060051.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • P3060052.JPG
    P3060052.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
I'm looking for a little help in choosing a rangefinder. I'm currently using a Nikon binoculars they go out to 1900 yd. I'm looking to maybe get something with the ballistics and angles and all that in it. A buddy of mine has a sig Sauer I think it's 2,400 he can program four or five rifles in it. I was looking at that and the G7 BR2 I was wondering if anyone had any information about those or what you would recommend. I hunt Colorado El Camino deer figuring on shooting out to 1,000. Looking for a rangefinder that's going to be accurate and that'll pick up pretty decent at that range. Thanks in advance for any information.
Look at the leupold 4000 its new

Recent Posts