Stupid question time.

mtp29464

Can I use the same micro seater die for 7mm-08 and 308? What about 6.5x284 and 308?

I understand I will have to adjust the depth due to the different diameters of the projectile.

I was just wondering if I could use 1 for all 3 short action cases or do I need to have 1 for each caliber?

Thanks for your responses.

Can I use the same micro seater die for 7mm-08 and 308? What about 6.5x284 and 308?

I understand I will have to adjust the depth due to the different diameters of the projectile.

I was just wondering if I could use 1 for all 3 short action cases or do I need to have 1 for each caliber?

Thanks for your responses.

You should have the appropriate seating die for each caliber. This gives the best results by properly aligning the bullet when it is seated.
If you have a 308 seating die, you can seat the smaller diameter 7mm-08 but not the 6.5x284. The shoulder is higher and you will damage the case before seating the bullet. If you have a 7mm-08 die you will not be able to seat the 308 due to bullet diameter being larger.

ShortMag3

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.