Stoney Point Shooting Sticks

Dave King

Got this pict of the Stoney Point Shooting Sticks from Ian M. They look kind of interesting (and a bit like an alien family out for a walk).

Stoneypoints.jpg

Maybe I'll hunt down a pair, I might like the idea of a two point standing rest. (Little human not included with the Stoney Points.)

[ 11-13-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]

Jerry

John Burns' Long Range video has a good clip showing the use of this system. Yes, it is adjustable.

On a related note, 6 weeks ago in preparation for a Wyoming hunt late this month...I practised technique for use in snow where you can't shoot prone. Harris bipod on the front and a set of Stoney Point hinged sticks on the back is extremely stable. I agree with Ian's other post. Very accurate from a sitting position easily out to 700 yards.

[ 11-13-2004: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

Thunder,
The small arm extends outward and also swings in an arc to fit on the back of your rifle butt. These tripods are great, they are light and quick to setup. The unit on the right folds small enough to fit into a little holster that you can put on your belt. I use either of the two big tripods for most of my hunts and the smaller folding one is carried as a backup in my pack. They fold up nicely and make a good walking stick if the going is rough. Have shot caribou in Alaska, mulies and antelope in Sask. with them so far this season.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.