Shooting Sticks

slim09

What are some good sturdy shooting stick that any of you use? I am looking for a good pair of sticks that are not flimsy like all the stoney point sticks. I have found a couple of the African style sticks but they are $300 and up, i cant fathom paying that. I would like a pair that could hold a 10+lb gun with out bending in the cases where i cannot get prone.

I am at the moment considering Bog Pod's camoflagued version of either Bi or Tripod. That or simply making a set from scratch that will double as a walking or hiking staff.

If you don't mind the bright red grips on the standard Bog Pod, The Tripodis on sale at Amazon for 89.99.

If you live near a Cabela's, a little known fact is that they will price match as long as the item is in stock. So you could save yourself shipping and get the reduced price....

A while back I had them price match the Forster Co-ax that was on sale at Midway USA and I had a 20.00 off flyer. All told I got it for about 210-217.00 out the door and no shipping.

Midway still has that Press for the sale price but last I looked it was backordered so today Cabela's would not match it probably.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.