stock suggestions

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by lacajun, Nov 11, 2017.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. lacajun

lacajun Well-Known Member

Having a 700 re-barreled 6.5 CM Remington varmint taper. I am looking to buy a stock tying to decide between HS precision or Grayboe and suggestions on why one would be better than the other.

Sergeant82d likes this.
  2. lancetkenyon

lancetkenyon Well-Known Member

HS Precision are solid stocks. Good quality, especially for the price. I have had several over the years. But they weigh quite a bit.

No experience with Grayboe.

3. lacajun

Thx...I have a HS on my 700 mil spec. and I like it but wondering about the grayboe

4. Dosh

Dosh Well-Known Member

Both are the same price. HS would perhaps be stronger, but not lighter. I have HS stocks and have seen test results on their strength. I searched for strength data for the Grayboe, but haven't seen any. Perhaps an actual satisfied Grayboe owner can help. Good luck

5. lacajun

yep...that's what I was hoping for...thanks for the information. if it comes right down to it I will probably get the HS. Just wanting to go a little lighter on this one.

6. SCdeerhunter

SCdeerhunter Well-Known Member

I've used both. The custom 6.5 I just got has the renegade stock. It's definitely solid. The rifle has a 24inch varmint contour barrel and there's no flex or anything. It's heavier than the hs stock though. Grayboes website lists the renegade at 3.75 lbs while the hs is listed at 2.55lbs. Like others have said though, I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Edit- I assumed you were talking about the renegade stock. I don't have any experience with the other stocks they offer.

7. lacajun

yes sir thx

8. WeiserBucks

WeiserBucks Well-Known Member

Both are good quality, but I don't care for grip size or angle of the HS . It's all personal preference, I would try to handle one of each if possible and go from there.