Scope Suggestions

mbishop

I've got a Varmint/long range .243 that I need to scope. Looking at a NF SHV 5-20x56 or a Vortex PST 5-25x50. Any opinions on these two choices would be appreciated and any other suggestions that I should consider as well. Thanks in advance. Mike

currently have a Bushnell 4200 4x16x40 which works great. I liked this scope so much I ordered another Bushnell 4200 8x32x40 for my new gun. I was always a Leupold guy before but my dealer had one and I checked it out and haven't went back since. Definately a winner in my book for not alot of money.

I have a Sightron and I don't care for it at all! I wouldn't use one if it was free!
But Ior Valdada scopes have proven to me that they work! And Last!
A bit heavy but very solid!
I'm putting the Sightron on a .22 for the Grandkids..

I have a Sightron and I don't care for it at all! I wouldn't use one if it was free!

I have a couple of those IOR Valdadas (4-14 and 3-18) and they are indeed awesome scope but heavy; built like a tank.

There are plenty of great scopes in that price range - I've been pleased with my Gen II PST 5-25, but wouldn't mind trying either a Veracity or XTR II, or new Leupold.

Which model of Sightron do you have?

SIII. I don't trust it based on a couple incidents? And that nagging thought has ruined
it for me. But one mans meat.....I Snagged this from eBay it's the same scope. ($752.01) Buy it now..
Sightron 25124 SIII 30mm Rifle Scope 3.5-10x44
Had it on a TC Pro Hunter .50 and it was all over! Swapped it for a Trijicon of the same power range..Same base and rings now 3 shots will touch at 75 yards?

Last edited:
SIII. I don't trust it based on a couple incidents? And that nagging thought has ruined
it for me. But one mans meat.....I Snagged this from eBay it's the same scope. ($752.01) Buy it now..
Sightron 25124 SIII 30mm Rifle Scope 3.5-10x44
Had it on a TC Pro Hunter .50 and it was all over! Swapped it for a Trijicon of the same power range..Same base and rings now 3 shots will touch at 75 yards?
Could have gotten a bad one, it happens to all brands. Have you contacted Sightron to see if they'll fix it?

I have ran both of the scopes you mentioned in your original post, both are great. With that being said i would go with the Nightforce SHV . You will not be disapointed. I currently run one on my Christiansen ridgeline 6.5 creedmore and i will be swapping the huskama on my APR .28 nosler with a SHV this week.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.