Start over?

OK Bowhunter

I have a Tikka T3 30-06 that shoots ok, but looking for something better to build on. I have learned that there is little after market support for Tikka and I been thinking on getting something else, such as a Rem 700. So my questions are should I start over with a Rem 700 or stay with the Tikka? If I change is there any over riding factor to go with a different Cal. like a 308. I have a Nikon Buckmaster Scope with a BDC reticle, but think I should also uo grade the optic. any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

I do not have any experience with tkka. i have heard they shoot good. i like a remington sendero for a factory LR. or a rem 700 with a krieger barrel. i use a busnell 4200 scope .

I think you should stay with the Tikka, It has a good action, change everything else like barrel, stock, etc... A rule of thumb is, if you spend 1000 on a gun spend at least that much or more on your optics. If you cant see it you can't hit it. Your optics are equal to or more important than brand of rifle.
I have a Sako 75 finnlight, my barrel is loose right now, I am trying to figure out what I am going to do. I think I am going to do what I suggested to you, change barrel and stock. Hope that helped.

P.S. I have a leupold VX 7L on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.