SST bullets

How are these bullets? Do they hold up good? Thinking of trying for elk this fall
What caliber are you shooting. I run them in my 6.5s. that includes the creed . 264 win mag and 26 nosler.they work great in all 3 guns the only thing about them in nosler anything under 150yard they do separate a little bit the extra 300 feet per second makes a big difference. That is my experience been using them for close to 20 years . I am going to use the new cx this year in the nosler to see how they work

What caliber are you shooting. I run them in my 6.5s. that includes the creed . 264 win mag and 26 nosler.they work great in all 3 guns the only thing about them in nosler anything under 150yard they do separate a little bit the extra 300 feet per second makes a big difference. That is my experience been using them for close to 20 years . I am going to use the new cx this year in the nosler to see how they work
7mag

Two good friend of mine just went to Africa and killed a truckload of plains game including Kudu, Zebra, wildebeest, and antelope. Both shot 7mags and both shot 180 eldm's. 20 something animals all one shot kills. From 50 to 700 yards. The guide was impressed. There are other choices there that are very good. I'd honestly shoot any of them.

Two good friend of mine just went to Africa and killed a truckload of plains game including Kudu, Zebra, wildebeest, and antelope. Both shot 7mags and both shot 180 eldm's. 20 something animals all one shot kills. From 50 to 700 yards. The guide was impressed. There are other choices there that are very good. I'd honestly shoot any of them.

I don't use 7mag. And personally don't hunt elk. I use the sst and eldm for deer and hogs with 308, 270, 65-06, and 6.5 Grendel with excellent results. The two friends that went to Africa use the 162 eldm here and the 180 eldm in Africa. The guide was skeptical at first but was very impressed after seeing the 180s performance. The one animal that required a second shot was a Zebra where one mistakenly grabbed the others ammo. Unfortunately that changed the zero and he shot low At 300 yards. The shot destroyed both front legs 1" below the brisket. Completely shattering the bones in both and exiting. It would take a mighty tough bullet to do that on bone of that size. A second shot to the vitals ended it. I figure if it's tough enough to work on those large, tough animals it should suffice for elk. Then again there's always the partition or accubond from Nosler and I always liked Hornady's Interbond as well but they are difficult to find these days.