Springfield 2020 Waypoint

Handled a carbon 6.5prc version the other day. They are really nice. If you could buy 6.5prc ammo i mightve bought it.

You can sell it to me, I will scope it out, get a can on it and shoot the sh** out of it and give a full report!!

Alternatively, where can I find one of these?!?

Here ya go Doc! Looks like numerous configurations available.

Not sure how long you guys have been looking for these but my friend has been on a list for the 6.5 PRC carbon barrel for a loooong time at one of our local distributors. These look like for now demand has far outpaced supply, especially on the 6.5 PRC model.

Watch gunbroker, new units are routinely selling for $500 above MSRP or even Brownells price.

There is a detailed cost breakdown video on YouTube and it is a significant savings to buy one of these vs doing a DIY or custom if you like the chamberings and barrel lengths they offer.

Jay.... I was hoping to thank you whole hard a ly'. But as it goes, Brownell's doesn't have a one in stock!!! NONE. I was gonna get a white 6mm to brotha up with the green .308 I already have, and yes to all......... It's a fantastic rifle. Hense, the reason for the second one!! I will wait to find a 6mm, as the .308 was worth that year waiting to locate too! NSN/75w

You may want to call Brownells as some times it seems like when it is on display in the showroom it doesn't always show up on the computer to buy online. I've seen that with other items. I just saw one on the rack a few days ago. I believe it was a 6.5 CM though.

The radial muzzle brake is horrible for prone shots. When will these companies learn?
You sir are correct. I've had some serious crap thrown in my eyes shooting prone with a radial brake. That's why if you have a shooting mat you take to the field, you put it down with the muzzle at least a foot back from the edge of the mat before pulling the trigger.

In sand or snow they are a huge problem and that increases exponentially if you're shooting into the wind.

Local shop has one in 6.5CM with the carbon barrel. It's a really nice gun. Very light, action is super smooth, good trigger, really checks all the boxes for me. If they would have had one in .308 I would have bought it on the spot even if it was the carbon barreled option since I prefer the steel. They seem to be unicorns in general at this point regardless of caliber or options. Ended up getting a really good deal on a two year old Bergara Premier Approach so I just went with that but otherwise I'd be holding out for a Waypoint.