South Dakotans! Where you at?

The range sw of kampeska offers some good goose and duck hunting in the fall though. Lived in watertown for 22 years now i live in mobridge and oahe is right out the back door.

sorry didnt see the post bout where you were from- has anyone shot at the range west of fort pierre? I was wondering what yardage they have. Are there any F-class shoots around

I'm in Sturgis.

Buffalo Chip now has a range (been there about a year I guess).

From what I'm told there is a fairly hefty annual membership fee. (over 300/year)

FYI

Last I heard the Buffalo Chip had dropped their price a bunch. Most of the people here around Rapid City go out to Beretta Road and shoot. Haven't been here that long to look either place over much though.

I did some checking and the Buffalo Chip charges $165 per year for one person. You also get discounts on the sporting clays/5 stand. The also have a handgun range.

This area needs an NRA highpower range that'll run out to 1K

There is a competitive shooting vacuum up here and it sucks. I hate having to drive to Denver or Raton to shoot a match.

Hi all: I am from Spearfish. New to this, I just bought a new scope and planning on setting it up tomorrow, before the elk banquet. :) I bought a Huskemaw scope working up some new loads.

Welcome to the group BH Hunter. I think were all trying to get started. I have been on here forever it seems like and keep progressing a little bit at a time. An upgrade here, upgrade there. I just picked up one of the H.S. Precision Tactical stocks for my Rem 700 VSFII .308 and am now looking at getting one of the new Mk4 8.5X25X50 scopes for it. There are a few of us that are trying to get together to work out to 1000 with our .308's to see just what we can make them do. Now if we just had a good 1000 yd range to play at.

I looked at the Chip when it first opened but it was expensive, and I think there was a daily charge as well. I don't know what it is now. It would be nice for initial setup for sure. I have some metal cowboys that I use for cowboy action that I set up somewhere and shoot. The steel is not hard enough, however and they take a beating. Up till now I have done the holdover thing. We shall see how it goes.
BD

I'm here. Haven't been on in a long time since no internet until recently. Live in the boonies between Montrose and Humboldt. Really just getting into the long range shooting/hunting and looking forward to getting into reloading soon, once of course I can find reloading stuff. Anybody know where I can get some small rifle primers? Gary's, Scheel's, and Cabela's are all out and don't know when they are getting more. My buddy in Rapid needs some for impending pdogs.

Nate

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.