south dakota prairie dog hunt

possumpacker

newbie here and first post.goin out to SD to hunt p dogs last week of aug and thinking about hunting on the rosebud res. never been before any body know what it cost to hunt the res as in fees, license, guides.

I went in 2004. I don't know if prices have changed and may vary depending on reservations and would not be able to give an accurate amount but I think there was a fee of $105 plus another $20 fee for something else. The land owner only charged us $20 for the whole time we were there. We went to another property and they didn't charge us a thing and that was nice. Not sure where you are going but just check out the reservation online or call and you can find out the exact numbers. We went on the Lower Brule Indian reservation right near Pierre SD and one of the properties ran along the Missouri river. I had a blast the whole time minus the rattlesnakes which I came close several times in the prairie grasses. Seriously invest in snake boots or chaps because the best way to treat a snake bite is not getting struck by one. I brought several rifles which allowed one to cool while still blasting away.

There is a possibility that I still have the pamphlets for that area. It may take some time but I can't be positive. But I could contact my friend if I can t come up with the information I had. My friend still goes out there and has found better spots so I can inquire about it from him.

Well no luck with that information. I was not able to find it. So sorry about that. If I can talk to my friend ill see about getting info from him when I can.

better check with Cheyenne river i heard they shut down the pdog hunting this year. I know you can still go on standing rock. If you are in north central sd i might be able to help a little the numbers are down a lot with the plauge that has run through the last few years.

Yes this may be accurate. My friend said it may be hit or miss because of the plague. Just check around to see about the current conditions.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.