South Dakotans - what did you draw in 2012

Currently, I haven't heard of any reports of EHD here in Fall River County. I'm hanging on to my leftover licenses for now. I expect to see our Game Warden on Tuesday. If I do, I will get his feedback and pass whatever I hear back here.

Currently, I haven't heard of any reports of EHD here in Fall River County. I'm hanging on to my leftover licenses for now. I expect to see our Game Warden on Tuesday. If I do, I will get his feedback and pass whatever I hear back here.

Thanks Jack. Looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

Bob

Talked with DJ (Game Warden) last night. He said he had a few calls and thinks the total EHD cases are around 50 in Fall River County. I asked him about the GF&P offers to buy back licenses. His response for area 27A was that there are an awful lot of deer in the Oral and Smithwick areas. I did mention I would check with him again in about a month and see what his thoughts were at that time.

My general take from the conversation is that we will not have to worry about the number of deer in the area after EHD runs it's course.

I will update again the first part of November. In time to get refunds on tags if it becomes needed.

Im out near Aberdeen SD. Got a landowners anydeer and 2 any antlerless deer tags. Also have everything needed for pheasant, waterfowl and small game/varmints.

EHD has hit really hard in Turner and Yankton County. My brother who lives in Turner County said a farmer he knows found a deer carcass a month ago in his pasture. The farmer contacted GF&P, and when they got there, went and checked a low lying wooded area right by his pasture, and they found 90 more carcasses.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.