South Dakotans! Where you at?

Anybody here in the Rapid City area who would care to show me the ropes between mil/mil and moa/moa scopes-preferably someone who has both types? I'm trying to make a decision as to which type of scope to buy. I'm coming from a "2 inches high, so bring it down 2 inches" mindset. I have read up a lot on both and watched videos, but I still don't know what would be right for me since I don't have experience with either. Also, I won't be back in the states until late Jan, but if I can get your contact info so I can get in touch with you to physically go over these two things, that would be wonderful. shooting them would be even better. for the record, i'm going to buy a Vortex PST 4-16x50 sfp when i get my money all saved up, but right now i'm running the remington cheapo brand scope that came with my rem 700 sps. so...yeah...

I'm east river, Huron... but if you made the trip I'd put you behind both, as well as have you shooting a DTA SRS and possibly HTI. ;)

oh man! i have friends in Huron and we want to make a trip there, though I don't know when we'd be able to make it. I'll let you know if we can make it out that way!

whats up guys?

Fairly new here, I live in Dupree, SD. It is about 2 1/2 hours from rapid. Small town of about 480.

whats up guys?

Fairly new here, I live in Dupree, SD. It is about 2 1/2 hours from rapid. Small town of about 480.

I work in Dupree quite a bit and a lot in eagle butte have a friend there whose dad has a big ranch on thunder butte road with a lot of pdogs. You should have no problem shooting long range out there as it is open and is pretty much in the middle of no where.

I live in Rapid City and am just getting into long range shooting and would like to know if anyone knows of a place to shoot out to 1000yds and possibly further. Also I went to the gun show Saturday and saw a guy from Wall who is holding a 1000yard fun shoot the end of June is anyone in here planning on going?

I live in Rapid City and am just getting into long range shooting and would like to know if anyone knows of a place to shoot out to 1000yds and possibly further. Also I went to the gun show Saturday and saw a guy from Wall who is holding a 1000yard fun shoot the end of June is anyone in here planning on going?

I'm from Hot Springs and have only been doing the long range thing a few months. I know of no 1000 yard ranges around, but I use public land in the middle of nowhere. I'd sure love some more information on the guy from Wall though if you happen to have any information.

I picked up one of his flyers ill send you his info when I get home this evening. Do you just go out to walk-in areas to shoot? I had not thought about that

The info for the 1000yard shoot is...
June 29th in Wall SD check in is 9:30
To register call Matt Eisenbraun of Deep creek outfitters 605-457-2532
Or email at [email protected] or go to Welcome Page

The flyer says: all reactive targets 40-50 rounds per competitor no bags and no 50bmgs. Prizes to top shooters bipods and rangefinders welcome

The info for the 1000yard shoot is...
June 29th in Wall SD check in is 9:30
To register call Matt Eisenbraun of Deep creek outfitters 605-457-2532
Or email at [email protected] or go to Welcome Page

The flyer says: all reactive targets 40-50 rounds per competitor no bags and no 50bmgs. Prizes to top shooters bipods and rangefinders welcome

Thanks buddy.

all,I just relocated to Mitchell and am looking to some good shooting I have a 6.5-284 that I am trying to work out and a 204 Cooper that I am looking to shoot some song dogs and PDs withgun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts