South Dakotans! Where you at?

c_bass16 you are lucky, I'm east river also but no where to shoot long range either. I would be really interested in the O'niell ops day. Please let me know details when you get some thanks.

Where are you at in East River? I have a range set up just north of Clark. I do not own the ground but have easy access to it within reason. Steel targets are set up every 100 yards from 300 - 1000 yards and can actually go out to about 1400. I have about 15 target stands 3' x 3' we can set up as well. It is just set up in a 1/2 mile by 2 mile long patch of CRP. We fire from south to north so the sun ain't in our eyes and the winds aren't always quite so bad. I will be putting in a permanent bench later this summer but for now we use portable benches or lay down carpet and fire off bipods.

So if you or anyone else can plan with my schedule (I am always looking to go shoot) I am sure we can work something out.

Pete

I'm heading to Faith SD for an Antelope bowhunt September 7th-14th, can anybody tell me how the antelope numbers are looking in that area.

Also, pending if/when we tag out, we are also looking to possibly do some prairie dog or coyote hunting in the area. Does anybody know how the yote or prairie dog hunting is in that area? Also, any guide recommendations?

I'm heading to Faith SD for an Antelope bowhunt September 7th-14th, can anybody tell me how the antelope numbers are looking in that area.

Also, pending if/when we tag out, we are also looking to possibly do some prairie dog or coyote hunting in the area. Does anybody know how the yote or prairie dog hunting is in that area? Also, any guide recommendations?

If you dont mind heading just a shade further North to Lemmon, SD Steve at Lodge Pole Creek Outfitters has some pretty good PD and Yote hunting. He is pretty reasonable $$ wise and is a great guy! Tell him Pete and his boys from Clark sent you.

Here is his link: South Dakota Mule Deer, South Dakota Whitetail Hunting, South Dakota Antelope Hunting, South Dakota Pheasant Hunting

SD 2012 ... What did you get drawn for?

So far I am successful for -
27B18 - Fall River County, Whitetail (first time hunting 27B)
WR Fall Turkey
Resident special Canada Goose, Bennett County

Waiting to hear on -
15B Butte County, Antelope

Unsuccessful (again!) -
Elk
Bighorn Sheep
Black Hills Deer

This will be my first time deer hunting in 27B. Lots of accessible land available. I need to narrow down where I'm going to focus my time. Anybody have any suggestions?

Bob

Hello fellow South Dakotans! Glad to see there are so many in my state that are into long range hunting and shooting.

If anyone wants to get together to bang some steel, be sure to look me up. We've always got some powder burning somewhere.

Hello fellow South Dakotans! Glad to see there are so many in my state that are into long range hunting and shooting.

If anyone wants to get together to bang some steel, be sure to look me up. We've always got some powder burning somewhere.

That's very tempting, (about 76 miles for me) I may take you up on that I'm always looking for places shoot for practice.

We're a DTA dealer as well. ... so you'll have the added bonus of being able to shoot some of the coolest rifles on planet earth. :)

Went calling for the first time this season. Put in 3 stands. First two were blanks, with one sighting about 800yds out. Third stand produced a nice double.

Took the first dog at 25yds, right in front of the mojo-critter decoy. Hit the pup distress for a minute. Nothing. Got back on the rabbit distress and about a minute later another dog showed up about 450yds out. He was circling toward some trees, so I waited until he stopped for a broadside about 375yds and dumped him with the 22-250.

We could use some more snow to make them a bit easier to see!

IMG_0484.JPG

Anyone else been out in SD?

hey

up here in Redfield have a range set up for 600, 1000 and 1760. I have been looking for some fellow long rangers to shoot with. send me a pm if your are interested

Thanks
Chrisgun)

Well when i get home I'm immediately picking up a lion tag for the first time. Does anybody have any TIPS for lion hunting? i've studied up on tracks a bit but that's pretty much it. i have no experience with it at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.