Something New For The Ultralight Junkies

Oh man, I'd pay good money to see you toting a ruger American on a hunt...šŸ˜‰

Seriously, they are a good valuen as is the new proof barreled savage or a Tikka.

But there's something about a custom rifle that's difficult to measure, some get it some don't. Not all of us can afford or justify them and that's okay. I've managed to squirrel enough away for a couple of them and love everything about them.

If they are only $13K I will buy two maybe four, since these are a limited run. Sell for profit later on. I can then get those "10# Stock Weights" to add on and make the rifle feel like the rest I own.
I hope that y'all are intelligent enough to know that my statement was made to be a little fun. I think that what Skunkwerks did as far as "Pushing" the limits and doing research is way beyond other companies trying to make light weight mountain rifle. If you look at how much R&D the did in the video. Talk about "Innovation" These techs are on the edge-razor edge!!! I commend this company for taking the time resources and an expensive cost to make something better for us. Just think of how other companies will try to copy this??? It will only bring the cost down and maybe the weight!
I can only wish that I could only own one of these rifles in a nice 6.5 right now!
Thanks for posting this information on Skunkwekrs!!

I hope that y'all are intelligent enough to know that my statement was made to be a little fun. I think that what Skunkwerks did as far as "Pushing" the limits and doing research is way beyond other companies trying to make light weight mountain rifle. If you look at how much R&D the did in the video. Talk about "Innovation" These techs are on the edge-razor edge!!! I commend this company for taking the time resources and an expensive cost to make something better for us. Just think of how other companies will try to copy this??? It will only bring the cost down and maybe the weight!
I can only wish that I could only own one of these rifles in a nice 6.5 right now!
Thanks for posting this information on Skunkwekrs!!
Thank you!

I usually just "borrow" a gun when I need one. This thing really is pretty awesome. It's going to cost me some cash, because I will own one of these!

The weight is good. Certainly not the lightest out there. It's how it shoots, from first cold bore to the 40th shot is really the story. It's a hard experience to quantify or communicate.

I'm kind of a dork about this stuff though...

Thank you!

I usually just "borrow" a gun when I need one. This thing really is pretty awesome. It's going to cost me some cash, because I will own one of these!

The weight is good. Certainly not the lightest out there. It's how it shoots, from first cold bore to the 40th shot is really the story. It's a hard experience to quantify or communicate.

I'm kind of a dork about this stuff though...
I wouldn't mid being a "DorK' if I had one of these. wish I could just borrow one:D

Whose is hijackings this post from the seller all I see are true statements on what other hunters/shooters have or making lite of the cost. I think everyone acknowledges what Skunkwerks is doing. and why are is someone being the guardian and posting rules??

Whose is hijackings this post from the seller all I see are true statements on what other hunters/shooters have or making lite of the cost. I think everyone acknowledges what Skunkwerks is doing. and why are is someone being the guardian and posting rules??
I don't care.

I've been at it for 15 years. When I see those posts, I understand where they are coming from. Doesn't bother me. To each his own.

I even pitched in with the Ruger American bit...

I don't care.

I've been at it for 15 years. When I see those posts, I understand where they are coming from. Doesn't bother me. To each his own.

I even pitched in with the Ruger American bit...
Well all I got to say is if you have a demo Skunkwerks ultralight rifle and need some field testing, I'll take one and give the eval for free. Prefer to have it in a 6.5 caliber, but will take whatever you have built.
I have seen a lot of companies talk about how they are making a great Mountain Rifle, but never seen a video on like what Skunkwekrs put into R&D. You guys ROCK and I better watch out about highjacking your post on how you are not charging enough (well us hunters/shooters always think it is too much) It is easy to get close to the $10K + range with a custom build and optics. Rock On Skunkwerks! your leading technology will find it's way into the market and will only make firearms better!

What one man judges as a an example of a fool and his money parting ways another will judge as a great bargain to be had
Any type of equipment in that price category was NEVER intended for persons of average or even mildly above average financial means.

It was meant for hunters of well above average means who equate buying a $3500 S&B scope with the same financial casualness as those of average or slightly above do buying a Leupold VX3
Nothing is outrageously priced if you can afford it.

What one man judges as a an example of a fool and his money parting ways another will judge as a great bargain to be had
Any type of equipment in that price category was NEVER intended for persons of average or even mildly above average financial means.

It was meant for hunters of well above average means who equate buying a $3500 S&B scope with the same financial casualness as those of average or slightly above do buying a Leupold VX3
Nothing is outrageously priced if you can afford it.
Exactly if you have to look at the price tag - then you can't afford it. I don't see a 'Fool and his money are soon parted". " I just see a Fool if no idea what they are doing"

We fit into the category where we look at the price tag and gošŸ¤” "Price verse value"." Buy Once Cry Once". There are also very great products without the name brand at a 1/3 to 1/2 the prices of said NB.
When companies come out with new invitations there is a up front cost for the R&D. Eventfully other companies pick up on the invitations and the prices come down. The people that buy first help the other people down the chain purchase like products. For my pervious sentences NB companies (and not) come up with great products. Then other companies pick it up and sell for much lower price.
I say for those with the financial ability go and purchase all the high end products, test them, review them, and make the market better for all of us. Please do!
Another thing I have seen a shooter with a $3,000 rig (barrel,chassis/stock, optics) out preform the other one with $10K invested.
Just a thought! I also have to say as I did before that I an BLOWEN away by "THE CUT" Leading technology brings everything better to all of us.

Len & Jill

I see folks buying bass boats at 50k or 60k and taking 10 year loans on them. Ten years later that boat has lost way over half its value. Depending upon the care it is given - far more than that. I would not consider many of these people as rich nor even modestly wealthy. I would not lose nearly as much sleep over a 10-12k rifle purchase as that.