Something New For The Ultralight Junkies

Interesting theory. I hadn't thought of that before- I thought they mentioned thread in the video but I'd have to go back and look.

I also imagine folks looking to shave every ounce aren't putting a priority on a suppressor and the added weight, so to your point about wanting a suppressor on yours this might bot be for you.

Im curious about the threads/shoulder now though- maybe they'll release some of those specs soon.

Depends, the suppressor tames down the blast and recoil significantly and makes it shoot like a rifle that weight significantly more. With some of the light weight cans weighing only 8 to 10 oz I personally would take a little extra weight for a much more shootable rifle.

Wow, interesting.

I'm building a rifle that won't be as light but is spec'd out nearly identical. It will be on an Anti action ag stock with a 20 inch cf barrel that's right at 750 at the muzzle and chambered in 7 saum. Planning to run a TB ultra 7 out front with a vx6 3-18x44 up top.

So on the topic of shaving weight off existing products were you guys able to shave 40% off of the Revic? Because if so I'll take 3.
On it. Prototypes for Gen 2 should be done and in testing next week. We changed up quite a bit so fingers crossed the new tech works as designed. The new encoder system is much simpler, but we've only tested with mocked up builds. These systems are functionally done, all the materials are same as production. As long as there are not weird magnetic issues, we should be live early 2022. I think we shaved almost a pound!

New Skunkwerks build out from Gunwerks today called "The CUT"
https://www.gunwerks.com/shop/skunkwerks-the-cut-rifle-system-22799

CUT WEIGHT, NOT PERFORMANCE

The CUT is the latest edition of the Skunkwerks series of purpose-built, limited run rifle systems by Gunwerks. Built with the singular, obsessive purpose of cutting every possible ounce from an already lightweight ClymR rifle system without compromising on performance. The CUT is the result of a massive R&D materials project sparing no expense to engineer a super-tuned mountain rifle that shoots like nothing else in its weight class.
Our journey to achieve the goals set forth with The CUT quickly took us to new territory. Realizing our need to explore new, advanced materials, engineer new solutions to make weight and avoid compromise led to process, design and material breakthroughs that will serve as a springboard to launch future generations of Gunwerks rifle systems.

Key Features:
  • Caliber: 6.5 PRC or 7 SAUM
  • Weight: 6.5 Lbs (7 SAUM), 6.8 Lbs (6.5 PRC) with optic (20% weight savings over production ClymR)
  • Length: 40 3/4" @ 13.5" LOP
  • Barrel: 20" optimized contour carbon wrapped
  • Action: Skeletonized titanium GLR Action
  • Stock: Made with advanced spread tow carbon fiber
  • Scope: Custom Leupold VX6 HD with capped windage & removed illumination

I have a 6.5lb 7SAUM. Factory barrel (fluted), Brown Pounder stock, Talley lightweights. Some H4350, 140gr Accubond gets just shy of 3000fps. Routinely shoots <1.0". The first shot is always 12 o'clock, 2.5in high.

Altogether I spent about $900 (5-6 years ago)

Perfect.

On it. Prototypes for Gen 2 should be done and in testing next week. We changed up quite a bit so fingers crossed the new tech works as designed. The new encoder system is much simpler, but we've only tested with mocked up builds. These systems are functionally done, all the materials are same as production. As long as there are not weird magnetic issues, we should be live early 2022. I think we shaved almost a pound!

Fantastic, make sure you put out an email when the pre-order goes live because I want in on that.

Well I gave Bud $2247 for a standard Backcountry 6.5 RPM -5.3lbs
Leupold VX3i 4X14X40 30mm $545 -15oz
Tally ring-base $50 4oz $2842 6..6lbs
$2842. leaves me over $10,000 toward the Sheep-Goat-Elk hunt
3100 fps with Accubond 142 LR
Over 3300fps 124 HH and that ain't even trying.

Well I gave Bud $2247 for a standard Backcountry 6.5 RPM -5.3lbs
Leupold VX3i 4X14X40 30mm $545 -15oz
Tally ring-base $50 4oz $2842 6..6lbs
$2842. leaves me over $10,000 toward the Sheep-Goat-Elk hunt
3100 fps with Accubond 142 LR
Over 3300fps 124 HH and that ain't even trying.
Awesome!

$13,000……:oops: That thing better guide your hunt, skin your animal, pack it out for you and give you a happy ending.

But my motto is if you can afford and want it, I say go for it.
If they are only $13K I will buy two maybe four, since these are a limited run. Sell for profit later on. I can then get those "10# Stock Weights" to add on and make the rifle feel like the rest I own.

My 7 SAUM is 7lb and 2 oz...turret to 575...it works--gunwerks always comes up with some innovative stuff...

Attachments

• 60616262604__FCE4169F-1163-4622-BA15-9819DA9C3895.JPG
    60616262604__FCE4169F-1163-4622-BA15-9819DA9C3895.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Best value on a light gun, if you are just looking at numbers.

Ruger American, send the bolt out for fluting, and you can almost break sub 6 lbs!

I've got one in 300 blackout that makes a sweet thermal rig.

One of my favorite light guns is a tricked out Dakota Model 10, but it's pretty spendy.