Some shots at 1000 and 1300

Korhil78

Went out today to rezero my 338 Lapua because for some reason it was off zero a little bit. Then I couldn't find my allen wrench to undo the zero stop on my night force. Finally got that squared away but it didn't leave me much time to shoot at distance. I went back to 1000 and got all set up and shot 4 shots. The wind was blowing 5.5 mph from my 2 o'clock. The two at the top right are my first two shots and either the wind got stronger or I did something because the other two shots at 1000 went into that cluster of hits on the left side of the 10" orange circle. I went back to 1300 yards and shot two shots and those are the other two shots in the cluster on the left side. 4 for 4 inside a 10" circle at 1000 yards and 2 for 2 inside that same circle at 1300 yards will put a smile on my face any day! Sure hope I draw and elk tag this year!

IMG_0753.JPG

I have been amazed with this rifle. It has shot some awesome 4 shot groups at 1300 yds. I will keep my shots on game at 1100 and under but I have been shooting farther out. It is definitely good practice.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.