some positives and some negatives

screech

Well, 4 years ago I swore that I would never shoot another smk if my life depended on it. I started using btips and amaxs wich I had great results with. Well I got a 6.5x284 cooper and I just couldn't get them to shoot nearly as well as the little group that came with the gun. So I tried the same 140gr. smk out of it that they said they had used. Walla a couple lods later I to was getting bug hole sized groups. Even against my beter judgement at the time I brought them out deer hunting. At this point in time I apoligize to anybody I offended with any post saying they were crap. Today was the second deer that they have brought to the ground this year. One was a one shot kill, the other was a put it down shot on a deer that a friend had wounded. Right through the back hip and up into his chest cavity. I never got to see the real amount of damage it did but it fell reel quick and in a hurry. With performance like this maybe there will be alot more smk's flying out of my barrels.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.