SOME MEMBERS

dok7mm

Over the last few months, I've been noticing that there is a lot of members that fail to add their user names and dates on pictures in their classified adds.

The rule is right above each new thread. I'm sure Len added this requirement to cut down on scammers that use internet pictures.

We need to follow the guide lines that have been established to protect us.

Just today, a guy on Accurate Shooter was scammed out of the price of a Night Force, because he didn't take the time to double check the seller.

Beware:
Talk to the seller
Get his phone# & address
Check both out.
Ask for pictures w/your
user name.
Check sellers trade history.

Don't depend on PM conversation alone. It's where we exchange info that should lead to at least a phone conversation, especially for scopes & rifles.

Watch out for great bargains, be wary!

Everybody starts out somewhere for trade count and most all hunters & shooters are honest. Honest people don't mind buyers asking questions.

I bought a scope today from a member I'd not traded with before and he called me right away. We visited a long time about guns & scopes and why he was selling. Good trader history. GTG
It's rare to find a scammer that really knows what he's peddling, in depth. If he isn't legit, he'll give himself away if you ask enough questions.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.