LRH stewardship, thoughts and some decisions

Dan, thanks for your concern.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> I like this place, and would hate to see it evaporate.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yesterday's new members include the following people:
EdR, Hormetx40, PaHunter, Leadslinger, Mark, Dogkilr.

That's 6 new members in one day. Welcome to you all!

We had over 10,000 hits yesterday, too. That's about double from one year ago.

Len ... Old Fart said it best. I probably agree because I'm one too!

I will miss those that are contemplating leaving. Although I don't post that much, I definitely read and learn. My shooting will probably never reach the levels of some on this board, but their insights/knowledge help me to constantly improve. Heck, I bought my first Nightforce from Darryl! I may never forgive him and Speedbump for getting me hooked on them!
grin.gif

Perhaps the #1 should stand for the place this board and its members have in the world of shooting forums. Keep up the good work and thank you for this forum ... Mike

[ 03-16-2004: Message edited by: Bluebeemer ]

Like I tried to say earlier.. Len has every right to do what he did. There are risks invovled as being the owner on this site. Hey, I havn't always been a good boy here, I know that. I would love to see a tactical/huntng section but I know it isn't logical to have it. I wish the boys who decided to leave could have seen the logic behind the reasoning instead of taking it personally. This site if far from doom, there are way to many other knowledgable individuals that have years and years of experience and knowhow to share. We have a week or two until the dust settles and then hopefully this place will continue to grow...

[ 03-16-2004: Message edited by: Ric Horst ]

dido thanks all I think that you guys would know what is good for the forum and it has worked sooooooofarrrrrrrrr thanks agian for all your hard work
wink.gif
wink.gif

What would it have hurt to leave ULRH and Comp. on this site? I think taking it away said something to the people involved with that part of shooting even if Len didn't want to. I think that we are losing the experts in the field. The guys that pushed the envelope are the ones that know there stuff. It doesn't take that much to hit 6-800y. Past that is where it gets fun. You learn from people who know more that you. I will miss the great posts from the people that are leaving. I hope the experts open a site soon.

I don't want to stir the pot but are the post from the old Ultra Long range archived at all? If so where can I go to search through the old posts? There was considerable information in there and it would be a shame to loose it all.

I am not sure if this has been addressed as I have been away for quite some time and had not realized all the changes that the Forum was going through.

Len - You have a great site , to grow , things have to be adjusted ,changed - its your site , develope it the way you want . good luck - BTW , who holds member #1 - RAY

Pennel

I'll look into that.

Here are the names of yesterday's 7 new members. Welcome to all of you.

JimT, Remdoug, Rubesh, Oldguns, Allmack, Casey, Crystalman

Thanks Len. Maybe some sort of "Archived" area that is closed to posting but can still be searched.

Just a idea.

josh

edit: You might think about making it accessible to members only as well. Some of the other forms I visit do that for various reasons.

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited by: Pennell ]

[ 03-18-2004: Message edited by: Pennell ]

Len

I think that your personaly welcoming the new members is great. Here is a thought for the chewing. Make their new presence quite noticeable by making a daily post with their screen names as the title. Put it in a "Welcome to New Members" topic page right on top of " The basics, Just starting out" That way it will show up in todays active posts (you were wondering how many of us use it. All of us that are pressed for time.)

Personalize the greeting by noticing something like, all todays new members are from the mid west or that they all contain the letter R or something silly and simple like that.

Maybe give them more questions in their profile so you have more to go on. Maybe they are all 6mm shooters or maybe they all bowhunt too.

Just a thought. Hope it inspires other ideas.

Censorship!! Remove the passion and this becomes just another site. I love this sport and feel strongly about it. For this, "I say I'm sorry to no one." If the heat gets too hot in the Kitchen, then get out. I don't beleive in public humiliation but feel we can agree to disagree. There is nothing wrong with debate. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you Deergrunt,there is nothing wrong with debate. Its one thing that sets us apart from all the other critters we share this planet with.

But there is a big differance between debate and personel attacks.
I am always up for a good debate that does not turn into finger pointing,name calling and attacking another fellow sportsmen.

I really like the fact that the folks here try to keep it friendly!

I can always agree to disagree,but hope to never offend. Thats what I try to remember before I hit the add reply button!

Oregonhunter
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts