So now that you have explained the importance of NODE, WHY DON'T MORE OF YOU.........

Re: So now that you have explained the importance of NODE, WHY DON'T MORE OF YOU.....

we used "deresonators" on our 300H&H when I shot on the college team in 1971. they were made the same as the ones used on the .22 match rifles, a bored steel tube with set screws to lock it in place when the "sweet spot" was found.

Re: So now that you have explained the importance of NODE, WHY DON'T MORE OF YOU.....

I wonder how much the simms product would change with temperature? I would think the rubber would change a LOT between 70 deg and -10 when your hunting?? I am just of the thought of never letting anything touch the barrel, even the stock!

MTBULLET,

As I said in the later post to "shortpants" I was attempting to be a little funny, but funny to illustrate a point.

It certainly does not take me 100 rounds to evaluate any change to my load or rifle. I was being absurd to make the point that with things like the de-resonator that guys will go out and shoot 1 good group, then swear the thing is better than "sliced bread" when they really may not have proved anything.

I'm glad they work for you, and I am certainly not saying you have not seen improvement or that they don't work. I just remain skeptical is all.......:)
I understand what you meant. A lot of people base their research on a single group or one day of shooting. If I based everything on one day I would be throwing away everything after the lousy day of shooting I just had. I know better however and will live to shoot another day. Just couldn't get it together today!

i used an old bungee cord and duct tape. works just as well. and i still got 11.00 in my wallet the mrs hasnt found.

I tried one on three different rifles with factory barrels. Only one showed a slight improvement, and that may have been just me having a really good day. I gave it away to a buddy that wanted to try it and said good riddance, as it liked to hang up in the scabbard I carried the rifles in while hunting. Replacing the factory barrels gave much more satisfaction, and opened up some real long range potential that just wasn't gonna happen with the original tubes.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.