Snoring

Argon Glen

The solo hunting thread got me thinking. I was once told that some animals may hear snoring as dangerous or, worse, threatening. Well, I snore. This seems ridiculous as I'm typing but I sure wouldn't want Bigfoot attacking me while I'm sleeping or, maybe more legitimately, a mountain lion, for example. Thoughts?

Thanks.

KSB209

My snoring never bothered ME!

this is a funny topic because I have thought about it before too. When I sleep on my back apparently my wife tells me I snore. I was always more concerned about scaring away animals from the immediate area if and when I snore in the woods.
I would say if it’s a noise that is “un-natural” to animals they would probably stay away vs. attack but I do sleep with a pistol under my pillow when I’m in the woods just in case

just_jon

LRH Team Member
Probably more at risk from the other guys in the tent! We had one so bad we told him to sleep in back of truck! Seriously, a grizz threatening roar would be a whimper next to him!

I received threats of physical violence in an Idaho elk camp once. They agreed I would stay in the cook’s tent for 30 minutes after they went to bed.

Dosh

C-Pap with rechargeable power or inverter with good 12 volt battery. I am waking way better rested than when I snored without it. I have the 400 watt inverter in my fifthwheel, runs the machine all night with very little drain on the dual 6 volt batteries. Get a sleep test and the machine will change your life and possibly save it.

tomsd

The solo hunting thread got me thinking. I was once told that some animals may hear snoring as dangerous or, worse, threatening. Well, I snore. This seems ridiculous as I'm typing but I sure wouldn't want Bigfoot attacking me while I'm sleeping or, maybe more legitimately, a mountain lion, for example. Thoughts?

Thanks.
Simple - have a .45 inside the sleeping bag with you. :)

msmith57

Thanks.
I'f you're Snoring then you aren't Hunting so it's a Moot point

tomsd

My snoring never bothered ME!

this is a funny topic because I have thought about it before too. When I sleep on my back apparently my wife tells me I snore. I was always more concerned about scaring away animals from the immediate area if and when I snore in the woods.
I would say if it’s a noise that is “un-natural” to animals they would probably stay away vs. attack but I do sleep with a pistol under my pillow when I’m in the woods just in case
Ditto - a .45 in he sleeping bag but snoring would probably scare off most critters in the woods.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.