Snoring

Argon Glen

The solo hunting thread got me thinking. I was once told that some animals may hear snoring as dangerous or, worse, threatening. Well, I snore. This seems ridiculous as I'm typing but I sure wouldn't want Bigfoot attacking me while I'm sleeping or, maybe more legitimately, a mountain lion, for example. Thoughts?

Thanks.

My snoring never bothered ME!

this is a funny topic because I have thought about it before too. When I sleep on my back apparently my wife tells me I snore. I was always more concerned about scaring away animals from the immediate area if and when I snore in the woods.
I would say if it's a noise that is "un-natural" to animals they would probably stay away vs. attack but I do sleep with a pistol under my pillow when I'm in the woods just in case

Probably more at risk from the other guys in the tent! We had one so bad we told him to sleep in back of truck! Seriously, a grizz threatening roar would be a whimper next to him!

I received threats of physical violence in an Idaho elk camp once. They agreed I would stay in the cook's tent for 30 minutes after they went to bed.

C-Pap with rechargeable power or inverter with good 12 volt battery. I am waking way better rested than when I snored without it. I have the 400 watt inverter in my fifthwheel, runs the machine all night with very little drain on the dual 6 volt batteries. Get a sleep test and the machine will change your life and possibly save it.

The solo hunting thread got me thinking. I was once told that some animals may hear snoring as dangerous or, worse, threatening. Well, I snore. This seems ridiculous as I'm typing but I sure wouldn't want Bigfoot attacking me while I'm sleeping or, maybe more legitimately, a mountain lion, for example. Thoughts?

Thanks.
Simple - have a .45 inside the sleeping bag with you. :)

Thanks.
I'f you're Snoring then you aren't Hunting so it's a Moot point

My snoring never bothered ME!

this is a funny topic because I have thought about it before too. When I sleep on my back apparently my wife tells me I snore. I was always more concerned about scaring away animals from the immediate area if and when I snore in the woods.
I would say if it's a noise that is "un-natural" to animals they would probably stay away vs. attack but I do sleep with a pistol under my pillow when I'm in the woods just in case
Ditto - a .45 in he sleeping bag but snoring would probably scare off most critters in the woods.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.