Snoring

Above all else manly snoring is a demonstration to others that you have lived a rich and full life, their bad if they don't snore.
Me and my pals snoring is so loud bears would be worried that a super bear crossed with wild boar has moved into the area...

If the predator population density is high then I'd just ensure you have preparation in your cooking and sleeping area. The series Alone, season 1, was filmed in Vancouver Island area and the density is extremely high. It's worth the watch.

I used to bivy bag sleep, still do a little, but wound up with a 1 person light tent for extra protection. A para cord rope fence with chem lights, and bells, is a nice touch. The lights keep you from tripping when you gotta pee, discourage the predators a little, but the bells do more than anything. Just that little rattle and ding is enough to discourage usually.

I did once sleep under a tree where nearby - two antelope were strung up in bags. Tight camp space.

Yes - I had the .45 in my sleeping bag as some mountain lions were in them thar hills and IO did not want to awake with a big puddy tat staring moi in the face - wondering which is more tasty - this warm body or the cold antelope? :)

I fell asleep in a blind in the Limpopo once. My wife woke me up when we were surrounded by wart hogs and baboons. They seemed more curious than concerned. The trackers with us thought it was hilarious!

Note about the above comment on the C-Pap machine - Sleep Apnea is a major killer. I had it, I beat it and it has changed my life for the better in many major ways. Don't ignore it! It wears you down in a hundred different ways - then it kills you.

I have a friend who snores so bad. But it doesn't matter to me bunked many times with him. he now has a mouth piece One fried said he slept in the bathroom to get away. Caribou Hunting
11 guys 2 tent cabins. Young guys - one in the same cabin Old guys in the other + one young guy
They snored so loud the young guy slept outside
He said the walls were flexing in and out

Try a night guard oral appliance for snoring. I replaced my cpap with one and it has been great. Wife says my breathing is heavy but I don't snore. Bonus is a .5oz plastic thing is easier to lug than a 1lb cpap, 1.5lb battery and 1lb solar panel to recharge.

I have caught myself snoring while out in the woods...On those mornings, I didn't bag anything shortly after I waking up to a loud snore.

The woods were very quiet...no birds, squirrels barking, etc...That tells me everyone in earshot could hear me...Get to bed early and hopefully you won't need to doze off during the hunt!

The solo hunting thread got me thinking. I was once told that some animals may hear snoring as dangerous or, worse, threatening. Well, I snore. This seems ridiculous as I'm typing but I sure wouldn't want Bigfoot attacking me while I'm sleeping or, maybe more legitimately, a mountain lion, for example. Thoughts?

Thanks.
I have a friend that sounds like a chainsaw starting when he snores Bigfoot wouldn't get within a mile 😀😀

C-Pap with rechargeable power or inverter with good 12 volt battery. I am waking way better rested than when I snored without it. I have the 400 watt inverter in my fifthwheel, runs the machine all night with very little drain on the dual 6 volt batteries. Get a sleep test and the machine will change your life and possibly save it.
I also use a C-Pap but have never found a set up that works well out camping/hunting. Tried the inverter/battery setup in Idaho a couple years ago , very poor performance in cold weather. Would charge batterie(s) up every evening with my generator and they wouldn't last 6-7 hrs at the cold temps. Have you found a solution to these situations ?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts