Smokeless Muzzle Loader

Got barrel and other parts years ago for a savage from them vary easy to deal with. i shoot 327g parkers @2600 5grain of trail boss under 67grain h4198 24in barrel

These muzzle loaders are amazing. I have no personal experience with them but think there might be one in the future.

We just began a relationship with Pittman Bullets making pure copper bullets exclusively for them. These bullets are purpose built for the smokeless muzzle loaders. Check with Kyle at Pittman Bullets he is very knowledgeable about the industry. I am sure he would steer you in the right direction.

Steve

The guys name is Luke. He built my rifle on an old rem700 ML a few years back. I have not had any issues with it whatsoever. I hollowed out and beded the cheep factory stock and it shoots one raged hole at 200m. I fired it 20 times the first year, cleaned it at the end of the season. Next year I loaded it 4 times. 3 to check my zero and one to hunt. I have a thumb hole McMillan sitting here for it since before I built it and still have not gotten around to having it cut for the rifle. I am shooting a 25" stainless fluted barrel in .45 cal. Never ran it over the chrono, never worked up a load. I just asked Luke for his recommendation, it shot one hole and I went hunting. Spend the extra money on the high end breach plug. Last I knew Luke was sick. I hope he is doing better.
Jon

I'm shooting Kyle's bullets out of mine it's a savage model 10 action that Jeff at Hankins Custom Rifles barreled the action for me and put in his breech plug.These guns are awesome I'm pushing a 325 gr right at 2900fps.

Just got the parts to build an old savage 270 WSM action into 45 cal ML from him. Easy conversion, shoots great, and Luke is very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Other place that comes right to mind is Hankins Custom Rifles.

Got barrel and other parts years ago for a savage from them vary easy to deal with. i shoot 327g parkers @2600 5grain of trail boss under 67grain h4198 24in barrel

Duplex loading are we? I own a laminate stainless 10ML-II, had it glass bedded, crowned and a third action screw installed by a great smith who sadly passed away before his time, Mr. Rick Bibbey(sp?).

I use straight loads of H4198 and RL-10x and push 245/250 grain bullets at a (for the 10ML-II) modest 2650 fps/MV and 290/300 grain bullets at 2450 fps/mv. I know guys pushing 250 grain bullets at a MV of 2900-3000 fps. My best accuracy was at slower speeds.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.