Smart Phone Selfie Made lot Easier with mini-tripod + Bluetooth trigger

Muddyboots

OK, I sometimes don't bring my digital SLR due to weight, tripod needs etc. I killed a nice buck recently alone and was trying to get behind him with 10 sec delay on my smart phone. Holy cow that was funny trying to do that. The pics had me in every pose imaginable except one that was decent for what I wanted. So I found this at a local store that actually works extremely well. It has a very small flex leg tripod with a bracket to hold smart phone and a small bluetooth trigger. It easily paired up with my IOS smart phone (or Android) and worked perfect as stated. Best part it was only $11.99 at a local Meijer store. I liked using it with 10 sec delay to allow you to trigger the shutter then set up your shot while you are actually in the picture instead of scrambling like a crab missing legs.

It is Poser Snap Model #98550. https://www.meijer.com/shop/en/came...ripod-and-bluetooth-trigger-set/p/85630000618

screen shot 6x6 i passed 17 yrds

Attachments

• IMG_1332.PNG
    IMG_1332.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 192
sp6x6: The problem with video snapshots is the lack of acuity and ability to enlarge due to smaller pixel size. As a former 35MM film guy, I still like to print and or enlarge photos for framing next to mounts to bring added story to the mount itself. If I use either my DSLR or phone set at max I can have flexibility on what I want to do with photo. Since I am use to really good photography, I wanted to find a way to maximize my phone when I didn't have my DSLR with me. Sometimes I have to skinny daypack down for high altitude hunts where every ounce in pack can seem 10X its weight. At 69 I need to be willing to compromise on weight since my DSLR weights a bunch. But the video snapshot is ok if you just want a pic period. Appreciate the suggestion though since that's what makes this site so good. Everyone willing to share is a great aspect of this site.

How i came up with was fish alone.Friends ask you catch any hard to set up picture in boat .So that was how I could get shot and release fish quickly
IMG_0857-001.PNG

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.