Smart phone, Apps for LRH?

bigngreen

So I finally stepped up and got a Droid Bionic, learning curve has been extreme but I'm starting to figure out how it all works. My question is what are guys finding to be useful apps, I naturally loaded Shooter first and have some GPS stuff and Google Earth but is there anything else out their?

I use a program called "Get Altitude". It uses the GPS and Maps to tell you the elevation of the place you're standing. It seems to be more accurate than the autofill information in Shooter.

OK so I've found about everything I'm looking for except a good app for range data. Shooter rocks, very impressive program, I learned last night that it corrects for vertical that is induced from wind direction which is something you won't find much and is an asset IMO!!! It's simple to use has what you need and has been proving accurate yet you can customize it where you need.

Another member suggested Range Card, sweet app for getting a GPS and Google earth range. I used it in conjunction with GPS status to monitor the sats for accuracy, sometimes it's down under 10ft and other times out at 50ft so it's good to watch your GPS accuracy if your relying on it. It should be a good tool for target shooting over the range of our rangefinders or confirming a dubious range.
You do need data service but a lot of our shooting spots are high and do get service.

I loaded Strelok and ran some proven numbers, it won't cut the mustard!!

Any other Apps!!!!

I dont know if it works on your phone but i have have the winchester ballistics app free
and I hunt with a nikon scope so i use the nikon spoton app

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.