Smallest group I've shot at 525 yards

remingtonman_25_06

Smallest group I\'ve shot at 525 yards

It was shot with my new then 300 RUM, 200g AB. 92g H-1000, fed 215, 3.660". Leupold vx2, 6-18 target scope was on it at the time. It measured 1.5" center to center. Dont know what kinda MOA that is, but its pretty good I think for a factory rifle with nothing more then a trigger job and good reloads.

qy946h.jpg

Re: Smallest group I\'ve shot at 525 yards

Awesome Rem..But you need focus lessons! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That is a duplication of my best group too. Are you shooting a Sendero 300 RUM? Mine was with a bone stock 300 RSAUM 175 gr SMKs @ 2875 fps, 1.44" ctc at 500m (546 yards). On a side note, sort of, Remington is reintroducing the RUMs and some other calibers in the Sendero II. They bill it as the most accurate rifle they build.

Upgrades coming soon include 20 MOA tapered base, Burris Zee Sig rings, Rifle Basix LV-1 at 12 oz and Brand X Mil-Dot scope.

Congrats again Rem!

I see an amoeba about to engulf an orange.

But it does appear to be a smallish amoeba!

No, the rifle is not a sendero. Its a laminated stainless version model 700. I debated for a month or so about getting the sendero, but I did not want the weight at the time to be packing a 11 lb gun up and down canyons. I feel I did not sacrifice to much in the accuracy department either. Now, I wished I would have got the sendero, but oh well. Life goes on. I think I zoomed in a little to far, I'll try to post a better pic to make it look more life like.

Here is my rifle, bone stock except for trigger job, which was all that was done at the time I shot that group, but it was later glass bedded, only bout 1 year ago. Doesn't really seem to help any with grouping though. Other then that, its just got some reloads through her. Oh, and when I shot that group, the MK4 was not on it, my vx2, 6-18 was on it. The MK4 was added last year. This group was shot about 2 years ago. Not a sendero, but shoots just as good as one!!

qz1ysp.jpg

rem25-06

There should be a "macro" function on your camera -- simple on/off...the button looks like a flower...this is for close focusing.

dont zoom, just move the camera close

DISCLAIMER:

Now, i tried to tell goodgrouper this awhile ago to get a tight shot on an expanded bullet and he got all bent out of shape over me trying to help...this is only a suggestion to fix your blurry pics, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, i'm not demeaning your abilities in any way.

Good luck,
JB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rem Man,

Congratulations on some fine shooting.
Those M700 LSS are shooters. I have a 338 RUM and my best 3 shot group at 300 yds with a Nosler 210 gr PT factory second is 1.285", two shots were .590".

Regards,

JD338

Thanks for the tip JB. I'll try that in the near future. I have 13 loads, loaded up for my .270 and I will likely take pics and put them on here for all to see and help me pick a load. Everytime I try to take pics of groups, I zoom in because it looks so far away, but then they turn out blurry. This should help. I am not the best photographer thats for sure. I didn't even take it in high school.

Thanks JD, yah those LSS's are pretty dang good shooters. I debated on the 300 rum or the 338 rum when I was at sportsmans. They told me they werne't sure if they had 1 or the other, and I told them that I wanted one right now. I am kinda impatiend, kinda shows my age /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anywyas, the guy came back and said he had a 300 RUm, but no 338 rum's, I said I'll take it. I also debated on whether or not to get the sendero. that was kinda a easy one, I hunt steep canyons for elk, and I didnt like the idea of packing a varmint weight rifle up and down them canyons. I wanted the accuracy of the sendero though. I dont really feel like I sacrificed to much in the accuracy department, my LSS shoots just fine for elk/bears size of vitals out to 1000 yards. My rangefinder is only a 800, so my shots on game are limiited to 800 at most, usually 700. I need the swarovski 1500. that will be my next purchase after I get a 300 rum custom built because i want to take full advantage of what the rifle and caliber has to offer. My goal in 1-2 years is to take an animal at 1000 yards. Wont be to hard to achieve I think.

Rem Man,

Yep, LSS are shooters and not too heavy either.
You should hook up with GoodGrouper, that dude can shoot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JD338

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.